Author Topic: problem of avast 4.8 with boottime scanning in windows 7  (Read 3194 times)

SHIBIN

problem of avast 4.8 with boottime scanning in windows 7
« on: October 16, 2009, 01:34:43 PM »
hello i am using windows 7 rc (build 7100).when i run boottime scanning of the system everything works fine but after scanning the system crashes.this problem was only reported with win7,when i was using windows xp the system resumes after scanning.hopes this problem will be corrected in next release.

Offline spi

• Poster
  • 1st Services
Re: problem of avast 4.8 with boottime scanning in windows 7
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 08:02:55 AM »
I have not found any problem with avast release 5 on my win7
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit + avast Premium 11.1.2241
Network tools: Wireshark+CACE Pilot | Android Softphone + Grandstream UCM61xx | MI4i | Running Out of Time (1999)

YoKenny

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 08:46:36 AM »
I never had a problem with avast! crashing on Windows 7.

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 02:59:14 PM »
hello i am using windows 7 rc (build 7100).when i run boottime scanning of the system everything works fine but after scanning the system crashes.this problem was only reported with win7,when i was using windows xp the system resumes after scanning.hopes this problem will be corrected in next release.

Hi Shibin,

As spi (Johnny) mentioned to me about your problem, is there any weird happened when you did boot time scanning with your windoes 7?
Like example you got notification that you need to delete infected file system which cause of malware?
If that is true, then i think you already delete your system which infected by malware. Because i ever got same problem with you, which is after i did the boot time scanning and got notification to delete the malware/virus then i coudn't login into my notebook anymore.

Regards,
Yanto Chiang
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

SHIBIN

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 12:34:33 PM »

Hi Shibin,

As spi (Johnny) mentioned to me about your problem, is there any weird happened when you did boot time scanning with your windoes 7?
Like example you got notification that you need to delete infected file system which cause of malware?
If that is true, then i think you already delete your system which infected by malware. Because i ever got same problem with you, which is after i did the boot time scanning and got notification to delete the malware/virus then i coudn't login into my notebook anymore.

Regards,
Yanto Chiang
hi Yanto Chiang,

its not in that way.my system is free of malwares(as avast reports).when i run boottime scanning once in a month or such,avast reports there is no malware detected in my computer.but after finishing the scanning process the computer just go to hibernation and i had to restart it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 12:36:42 PM by SHIBIN »

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 05:38:37 AM »
Hi Shibin,

I think i missed with your statement, i am sorry... :)

As long i using avast 4.8 at my Win 7, with boot time scan i didn't found any crashed scan resulted.

Regards,
Yanto Chiang
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya