Author Topic: Avast! Key Not Delivering?  (Read 2085 times)

hyjaxltd

Avast! Key Not Delivering?
« on: October 23, 2009, 03:50:04 PM »
I am trying to get one of my machines back up and running.  I have reformatted, re-installed the OS, and reset all the accounts.  I have went and applied for a key for the 'Avast Home", more than four times now over one week, and I am still not receiving the registrtaion key.

This is for my 60+yr old mother which I have been fixing, remotely.  We have registered the key in her name, to her email, yet nokey has been delivered yet.

Should I be concerned about her email, which is ran by the ISP I pay for and have complete administrative control of (50Mup/50Mdown...XMission in Utah...its sik fast!), possibly being comprimised.  After all, this is why we had to re-install everything for her after a house guest LOADED up my moms PC with anything she could shove down its RAM.  I have already done a hard change to her email pword via phone, but this still has me concerned as I have always received Avast registration keys without incident.

BTW...I have checked her SPAM box, I will also check to see if she has went to high on her SPAM settings but thought I would come here to.  If this is as strange as it sounds to me, is it possible toi have her key delivered to my email w/out inteferring with my current registration?

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast! Key Not Delivering?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 04:08:08 PM »
keep the post as small as possible.

try this : https://secure.avast.com/scripts/register.php?lang=eng

nmb

hyjaxltd

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 04:11:54 PM »
keep the post as small as possible.

try this : https://secure.avast.com/scripts/register.php?lang=eng

nmb

Thank you, I will try that.

Also, as to the lengths of my post, I give AS MUCH DETAIL as possible.  What if I am being checked at my email server, without the details above no one would consider it, but I do know I ramble as well and will try to do less in the future.  This only answered a small portion of the topic though.

While this may fix the registration key being delivered, what would be possible cases of what is occuring with it now?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 04:15:16 PM by hyjaxltd »

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 04:23:53 PM »
what would be possible cases of what is occuring with it now?

don't know. guys from alwil have to answer it.

there are so many topics posted now a days. "I" love to read shorter topics.

post back

nmb