Author Topic: The ultimate uninstaller's list  (Read 107934 times)

fredvries

Re: The ultimate uninstaller's list
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2009, 10:29:48 AM »
[15nov09] Update to my List of Av and As Uninstallers.

Changes:
* Added F-Protect Removal Tool (for F-Protect AV 3.x)

jisuna23

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2009, 01:06:32 PM »
Owww,  :o this is a very helpful site!
tnx YoKenny!   ;D

fredvries

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2009, 01:35:22 PM »
As more and more people think it is a useful site, maybe it should get pinned.  ;D

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2009, 02:57:03 PM »
As more and more people think it is a useful site, maybe it should get pinned.  ;D
I wouldn't count on getting it pinned. :)
Since the Update Thread isn't pinned and it's been viewed over 500,000 times.
There are quite a few other popular threads that aren't pinned and really don't have to be.
Every time there is activity, it brings the post back up to the top.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

fredvries

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2009, 08:02:04 PM »
Ah yes, but hopefully the decision to pin or not to pin will not be taken because of the number of views but on the possible importance of the topic. In the end I won't be able to find new uninstallers and this topic will assuredly fade away into obliviance.

hello123

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2009, 08:03:20 PM »
Great list! Very convenient.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2009, 08:14:50 PM »
Ah yes, but hopefully the decision to pin or not to pin will not be taken because of the number of views but on the possible importance of the topic. In the end I won't be able to find new uninstallers and this topic will assuredly fade away into obliviance.

There are many topics which are equally or possibly more important, but if they were all given pinned status then the first page of results would be pinned topics and that would annoy me no end.

I have seen this in some forums and it is a real pain in the rear.

Many of the regular helpers on the forum will no doubt have saved the link. I know I have and can pass it on or more specifically a direct link to one of the more common culprits Norton, McAfee, etc. etc. to those whom we feel need to ensure their previous AV is removed.

The main problem as I see it is that for the most part the user hasn't got a clue that the problem they are experiencing could relate to remnants of their previous AV. So they wouldn't actually be looking for a list of Uninstallers, so even if it were pinned, that wouldn't achieve anything as they wouldn't be looking for that.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

fredvries

« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2009, 12:21:16 PM »
[17nov09] Update to my List of Av and As Uninstallers.

Changes:
* Added CS4Clean (for Adobe Creative Suite 4) in ‘Other Uninstallers’

Offline PTRPRO

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2009, 10:49:18 PM »
My question is why can't Microsoft/Apple/Unix/etc. make a decent universal uninstaller? Their 2nd level techs use one that could really screw up a machine, but is probably the most effective total eraser. It's not at the website in this thread and I'll do everyone a favor by not naming it. Let the tech use it when all else fails. Then they're responsible. I use CCleaner, then go into the registry and wipe out any remnants of the program.
Packard Motorcars said "Ask the man who owns one". They're not in business anymore.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2009, 11:20:44 PM »
God forbid that they ever do, as in the wrong hands your are totally screwed.

The real answer is why can't program makers get the Uninstaller right in the first place and have an easily available uninstall tool, should there be a problem with the uninstall, corrupt file, etc. Then there would be less need for a list of Uninstallers if they were easy to find.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

fredvries

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2009, 08:04:17 AM »
[18nov09] Update to my List of Av and As Uninstallers.

Changes:
* Updated Norton Removal Tool (NRT) 2010 (for all Norton products)

fredvries

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2009, 07:57:40 AM »
[19nov09] Update to my List of Av and As Uninstallers.

Changes:
* Completely redone the list. Each entry now has an ‘Info’ section which links to the page where you can find the most useful information of the ‘Tool’ you want to use. In most cases this will be on the vendor’s site where the tool itself is also located.
* All uninstallers, cleaners or tools are now simply called ‘Tool’.
* Removed redundant (pre 2009) uninstallers.

CharleyO

« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2009, 08:45:15 AM »

Nice improvements!

[19nov09] Update to my List of Av and As Uninstallers.

Changes:
* Completely redone the list. Each entry now has an ‘Info’ section which links to the page where you can find the most useful information of the ‘Tool’ you want to use. In most cases this will be on the vendor’s site where the tool itself is also located.
* All uninstallers, cleaners or tools are now simply called ‘Tool’.
* Removed redundant (pre 2009) uninstallers.

fredvries

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2009, 12:31:01 PM »
[20nov09] Update to my List of AV and AS uninstallers

Changes:
* Added SanDisc U3 Removal Tool (for SanDisc U3 Launchpad)

fredvries

« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2009, 01:07:11 PM »
[22nov09] Update to my List of AV and AS uninstallers

Changes:
* Added UninstallTool (for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 RC) in ‘Other Uninstallers’