Author Topic: problem and no help from avast support  (Read 8163 times)

norel

Re: problem and no help from avast support
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 02:43:49 AM »
Hey Highbred8, did you get this figured out? Since you've already tried to uninstall and reinstall it occurred to me that maybe you could try another build. Completely remove the one you have now and try a different one. Filehippo has a lot of them.

Osage

Re: problem and no help from avast support
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 04:21:03 AM »
To Highbred8,

I had a similar problem with avast a number of years ago, as the client computer on an ICS network, Avast would automatically update for the host computer but not for the client computer.

The point being, there is an easy way to go manually  into avast and check for both virus updates and program updates. And the manual method always worked for me even if when the  automatic updates failed to work. Just right click the spilling glove icon and find the option on the list.

Not saying I am 100% sure it will work for you, but its worth a try if nothing else. And far easier than uninstalling and then reinstalling the whole avast program. And if it does work for you, you will get the latest updates and be fully protected while you troubleshoot why avast does not automatically update.