Author Topic: Inbox mail deleted by itself.  (Read 3684 times)

alexyong07

Inbox mail deleted by itself.
« on: October 26, 2009, 10:00:33 AM »
I have this problem. When i open my Windows mail, the first folder to go in is INBOX. Whenever i click other folder (for example, Outbox or Sent) and come back to inbox, i find that the latest e-mail i receive will be deleted. The inbox mail will keep on delete if i repeatedly go to other folder. I belive it should be because of virus/worms. I downloaded avast and latest update, and get all of my drive scanned. But the problem still there after the scan. What could be the problem?

Hermite15

Re: Inbox mail deleted by itself.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 12:50:21 PM »
I've had this issue once, just once as I was testing a Gmail account in Windows Live Mail, and Avast5 beta2 email scanner on. I saw two incoming messages appear very briefly in my inbox and just disappear. I could find them again in the web interface.

alexyong07

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 02:31:37 PM »
I usually use Windows mail in Windows Vista to check mail. I can't find the deleted mail (well, auto delete , i shall call it) even in Deleted items. The only things i can imagine this will happen is virus. But how come with latest Avast update, still can't solve the problem? I don't think is Window mail problem....     >:(

Hermite15

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 02:34:19 PM »
I can tell you for sure that when it happened to me that wasn't a virus. The mail was nowhere to be found in the client interface.

alexyong07

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 02:41:37 PM »
Logos,
What is your suggestion to overcome this problem? Possible to uninstall windows mail and re-install? Can this solve problem?

Hermite15

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 02:46:41 PM »
Logos,
What is your suggestion to overcome this problem? Possible to uninstall windows mail and re-install? Can this solve problem?

you're using avast 4...that's weird as I would have thought that was a bug in the beta of Avast5 only...I don't use Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail very much. My solution is called "thunderbird"  ;) ...but you may not like it; it's a matter of choice.