Author Topic: IObit Security 360  (Read 17657 times)

normishmael

Re: IObit Security 360
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 08:44:39 AM »
Well Hell fellers,if them Malwarebytes boyz say they has been wronged,
well they has!!
Lets lynch them Heathen Chinee!!

Never mind these are the same crew who billed themselves as
a "complete Antimalware solution" then complained when they were
tested as such.(and fell flat on their face)
If Iobit told me something,I would adapt the maxim of Ronny (PruneFace) Reagan,"Trust but verify."

If Malwarebytes told me it is going to be a bright shiny,sunshiny day,
I would pack an oilskin.

YoKenny

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 09:57:16 AM »
@normishmael
Never mind these are the same crew who billed themselves as
a "complete Antimalware solution"
Let me see your reference.

Read this reference:
So how did I get infected in the first place?
Must-Have Software
*NOTE*: Please only run one anti-virus and one anti-spyware program (in resident mode) and one firewall on your system. Running more than one of these at a time can cause system crashes and/or conflicts with each other. Of the following programs, passive protection like SpywareBlaster, IE-SPYAD and MVPS Hosts file can be used with active resident protection programs effectively. The free version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is an on-demand scan and clean program that will also not conflict with resident protection, Spybot is also on-demand but has resident protection if the Teatimer function is used. Only one scan at a time should be run.
4.) Antivirus

• An Anti-Virus product is a necessity. There are many excellent programs that you can purchase. However, we choose to advocate the use of free programs whenever possible. Some very good and easy-to-use free antivirus programs are Avast, and AntiVir. Please run only one antivirus resident at a time!
• It's a good idea to set your antivirus to receive automatic updates so you are always as fully protected as possible from the newest threats.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9365

I prefer something more comfortable while surfing the Internet than having to wear a oilskin all the time but I don't surf in the nude but I would have loved to do it at least once in my life.  ;D

normishmael

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 05:51:56 AM »
LoL, OK Kenny,nothing wrong with surfing "as Nature intended"
If you are the "BIG Kahuna!!

I am sorry I cant provide a reference,but I do remember it involved a EMSI
test,that the CEO of OnlineArmour became involved with,and great weeping
and gnashing of teeth resulted on Wilders. (Maybe MRG test?)

In any event,I assume,(and yes I know the joke! "Assume" makes ass of U&ME),
the total malware solution rhetoric came from the Malwarebytes site.

If I am wrong,no apology,this over rated software has already had too many
free pass's.

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 08:11:44 AM »
I've surfed in the nude with a bunch of other people at the place in the link below

http://www.taipabay.co.nz/gallery/

it was down left hand corner of the cove just on dark and we were all bout 14-15 years of age on school holidays, there was no resort, just a bunch of baches and spread of tents in a camping ground, if you talked about surfing on an internet, everyone would have thought you were bonkers.

Sorry bout offpost, I saw one of the guys the other day and was reminded.
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

normishmael

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 09:36:22 AM »
I've surfed in the nude with a bunch of other people at the place in the link below

http://www.taipabay.co.nz/gallery/

it was down left hand corner of the cove just on dark and we were all bout 14-15 years of age on school holidays, there was no resort, just a bunch of baches and spread of tents in a camping ground, if you talked about surfing on an internet, everyone would have thought you were bonkers.

Sorry bout offpost, I saw one of the guys the other day and was reminded.

Yeah,Yeah,sorry about the off posts,but not about making the old gray dudes feel old.
Yeah,I gotta ya.

No,just kidding brother.
Enjoy.
One day you will wake up to see the skinny little legs hanging below the round belly,and say: "My God!! I am a geezer"!!

I have those kind of memories too....sniff,sniff,

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 09:53:11 AM »
Another thing strange about IObit Security 360 is that its immunization's way isn't it like spywareblaster's?
The way of cleaning isn't it like Ccleaner?

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 11:33:41 AM »
@ normishmael

oh few sniffs on our part as well, what we thought was our special place was bit by bit taken out of ours hands

@ shiw liang

I think you right, I think that is IObit rely on creative of other, open source on which to build their proprietory 

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

YoKenny

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2009, 11:46:18 AM »
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:57:56 AM by YoKenny »

micky77

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 05:15:35 PM »
this over rated software has already had too many
free pass's.

So you think MBAM is over rated. In what respect, I really would like to hear your reasoning. Please tell me exactly what apsects of this program you feel are over rated.
You seem to talk a lot, but you don't state any facts, just unsubstantiated rants.

normishmael

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2009, 07:08:14 AM »
this over rated software has already had too many
free pass's.

So you think MBAM is over rated. In what respect, I really would like to hear your reasoning. Please tell me exactly what apsects of this program you feel are over rated.
You seem to talk a lot, but you don't state any facts, just unsubstantiated rants.

micky77: Its OK if I thank that isn't it?
I mean what I thank really does not impact you does it?
Hardly as much impact as Malwarebytes unsubstantiated claims has had on
I-Obit.

I thank the SSUpdater Test proves the detection level of Malwarebytes is small.
I know for a fact,and a persusal of the posts Kenny was so kind to provide,show,
my side, of its propensity to detect false positives in Windows System files,as well as the overbearing,snarky attitude of its forums,and JeaninMontana in particular.
Strangely the hateful,condescending, replies from the Malwarebytes crew were not included ,just my posts.
Live and learn,and I have learn t to stay away from malwarebytes.

Kenny, I thank a handful of posts over a year old, hardly qualifies as active.

By that standard, you could say I am active on the Stormfront forum,because I posted three or for jokes about southern red neck inbreeding.

I believe we had very different experiences.
You said something to the effect you joined early because you "Knew a good thing
when you saw it."
I downloaded,then left early because I knew and overrated flash in the pan when I saw it.

Bottom line,its all good.

Ps# I am sorry you did not not find my post where I advised RubberDuck what he could do with his sarcastic, menopausal,moderators. 

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 10:14:49 AM »
I used some IObit utilities off and on for a while and wasn't dissatisfied far as I can remember. I think I used some of the monitor tools quite happily (performance stuff, cpu usage, ram...that kind of stuff) but I found some of the open source apps and programs to be lighter and cleaner, less demanding of resources, and more specific geared to particular tasks.

I can't agree with any complaints you make about mbam.
I'm not sure about the forum as I dont go there much, but am a member.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 01:41:56 PM by mkis »

YoKenny

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2009, 10:30:05 AM »
Ps# I am sorry you did not not find my post where I advised RubberDuck what he could do with his sarcastic, menopausal,moderators.  

JeaninMontana has not been at Malwarebytes forum since Mar 4 2009 because she was reprimanded by the RubberDuck:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?act=Search&nav=au&CODE=show&searchid=2d6047c1d6fa6deff8cfc38e1e0b4dc5&search_in=posts&result_type=posts

Malwarebytes Accuses, IObit Plays Dead
Exclusive interview with Malwarebytes
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Malwarebytes-Accuses-IObit-Plays-Dead-126389.shtml

You were at one time providing information about Comodo but that seems to have stopped.

I downloaded,then left early because I knew and overrated flash in the pan when I saw it.

Bottom line,its all good.
Yes.

The comination of avast! and MBAM is good.

1 Billion Infections
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14466

Looking forward to avast! V5 coming soon.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 10:40:10 AM by YoKenny »

normishmael

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009, 07:23:53 AM »
Yes Kenny I have given up on the Comodo thing.
Those Windmills are getting higher,and my horse is tired.

In the long run having a decent AV,firewall and a little common sense is probally security enough anyway.

What ever anyone likes is probably the best thing to run.
Thats pretty much what I intend to do.

I have not gotten into the Avast! 5 beta,as I am much too stressed
for BETA testing,but I also look forward to its release.

As for Jean,it could not have happened to a nicer person.(Irony)
The only problem,or sadness,in the whole thing was she was a knowledgeable,
skilled tech.
With the personality of a scorpion.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2009, 06:21:15 PM »

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2009, 03:47:43 PM »
The Io Bit company said that they will delete the definitions same as malwarebytes and other and now when I check it the definition is gone from 200 000 to about 100 000!