Author Topic: [SOLVED] Uninstall task shows status 'Processing'  (Read 5256 times)

rrecife

[SOLVED] Uninstall task shows status 'Processing'
« on: November 03, 2009, 09:53:05 PM »
Hi people,

When I run the default uninstall task on a client thru the ADNM Console, this one doesn't completes successfully, in the 'client-side tasks' container the task keeps 'Processing' status, and the client keep installed.

The firewall/file simple sharing are configured.
In the uninstall/install log there's any clue.
How can i solve this?

Best regards,
Renato
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 10:11:11 PM by rrecife »

wpn

Re: Uninstall task shows status 'Processing'
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 11:25:52 PM »
since the client is not installed to report the status anymore, the task will stay as running since the client cant say its uninstalled (you could discuss about it, but thats how it works right now, maybe this is fixed in the new adnm version with avast 5)

Jan Nabelek

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 09:35:37 AM »
...the client keep installed.
How can i solve this?
Unfortunately, you have to manually uninstall netclient and manually finish uninstall task in ADNM console.
On Netclient, use avast! uninstall utility aswcleaner.exe , in case of problems, start Windows in Safe mode and then run aswcleaner.exe again and choose appropriate parameter.

rrecife

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 02:31:38 PM »
since the client is not installed to report the status anymore, the task will stay as running since the client cant say its uninstalled

Thanks wpn,
I understood, but my trouble is that the client wasn’t uninstalled, the status of the task stayed ‘Processing’ and any line about this (fault) was added in the logs.

By the way, his words show me that is the best answer because I identified a communication problem (losing a few packets) with this machine, so in some point, the communication could be lose and damaged the rest of the task.

rrecife

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 02:33:52 PM »
Unfortunately, you have to manually uninstall netclient and manually finish uninstall task in ADNM console.

Thanks Paba,
I did this one to solve and work properly.