Author Topic: scriptblocking popup displays and focus won't return to IE window  (Read 1810 times)

skynet

hi,

I have avast Pro and experienced the following (on all of the computers of my company):
- if I start IE by using the icon on the desktop, the avast script blocking popup is displayed, then the IE (7) window, and then focus is returned into IE (window title becomes blue).
- if I start it using the icon in the quick launch bar, focus is NOT returned to the IE window (window title remains grey). thus when I start typing the web address, IE won't get the characters so nothing is happening. I have to click the IE window first, which is annoying.

is there a workaround for this problem? I could write a program that starts IE, then waits 1 sec, then sets focus back to IE, but I don't wanna, because I paid for avast Pro.

so could the Support do something? is there a setting for this in avast.ini or somewhere?

I don't wanna turn script blocking off because it was one of the reasons why I switched from NOD32.

thanks
skynet