Author Topic: Exclusions  (Read 3932 times)

Humble

Exclusions
« on: June 10, 2004, 03:17:37 AM »
Is there a way to just exclude directories/files when it is accessed/read (and/or by modification date), but not on write? (Similar to the exclusion set in McAfee VS Enterprise)

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re:Exclusions
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 03:40:44 AM »
Files can be added to the exclude list easily.
in avast simple user interface go to Menu>settings>exclusions
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Humble

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 03:47:20 AM »
So... how do I make it so it only excludes on access, but not on write.  Or is that only on access.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 03:50:01 AM »
So... how do I make it so it only excludes on access, but not on write.  Or is that only on access.
I do not know. I would assume adding it to exclude list excludes it from ALL scanning
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Kobra

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 04:12:11 AM »

This would actually be a cool power-feature.  For each item you exclude, they could have 2 checkboxes for "On Write" or "On Access", and you could select exactly which aspect you wanted to exclude.  Right now, you can just "Exclude" and thats that from what I can see.

Nice feature idea, i'd submit it into the stick at the top dealing with "Suggestions/Requests".

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 06:39:09 AM »

This would actually be a cool power-feature.  For each item you exclude, they could have 2 checkboxes for "On Write" or "On Access", and you could select exactly which aspect you wanted to exclude.  Right now, you can just "Exclude" and thats that from what I can see.

Nice feature idea, i'd submit it into the stick at the top dealing with "Suggestions/Requests".

I agree... neat idea
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive