Author Topic: pls help me i really dont know what im gonna do!!!!!!  (Read 23631 times)

ladygaga345

Re: pls help me i really dont know what im gonna do!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2009, 01:33:50 PM »
hey Rumpel Ive scan my system with Dr.Web Cure It and then find a file named pskill.exe is it a threat??????

the path of this file is C:Windows\system32
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 01:47:55 PM by ladygaga345 »

Sesame

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2009, 01:55:47 PM »
hey Rumpel Ive scan my system with Dr.Web Cure It and then find a file named pskill.exe is it a threat??????

the path of this file is C:Windows\system32
PsKill is a part of Systeminternals' PsTools.  As the explanation says, it basically kills processes but it can be used by malware...especially when seeing you don't know why it is there.

ladygaga345

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2009, 01:56:19 PM »
so shall i delete it or ignore it????

Sesame

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2009, 01:59:47 PM »
so shall i delete it or ignore it????
If you didn't know it was there, it would be suitable for you to delete it but...Now I see some people coming, especially essexboy is good at these kinds of thing.  I'd definitely ask him about these issues than myself.

ladygaga345

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2009, 02:01:52 PM »
Awkie ill w8 of someones suggestion if im gonna delete this file or ignore it

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2009, 02:31:02 PM »
Hey be careful windows file are dangerous to delete or it will damage your whole system!
Just wait for experts don't delete it!

ladygaga345

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2009, 02:32:23 PM »
yeah ill w8 for some experts

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2009, 03:18:22 PM »
You can leave that file - If you have Virut you can repair it till the cows come home but windows will still be broken I am afraid

Read Miekiemoes blog http://miekiemoes.blogspot.com/2009/02/virut-and-other-file-infectors-throwing.html  she is one clever lady  ;D

This will explain what Virut does and why it is best to reformat

When I come across a Virut infection I clean it up just enough to recover personal data and then post this

Well, I'm afraid I have bad news for you.

You have been infected with a polymorphic file infector named Virut. This infection will spread to every executable file in your computer, and unfortunately the only cure for it is to Reformat and Reinstall.

Right now, the best thing you can do is to backup, preferably to CD, all your important data, documents, pictures, movies, and songs.

DO NOT backup any applications or installers and DO NOT backup any files with the following extensions:
  • .exe
  • .scr
  • .htm
  • .html
  • .xml
  • .zip
  • .rar
For more information on Virut, and why you need to reformat, have a read of miekiemoes blog here.

To find out how to carry out an XP  Reformat and Reinstall, please see this page. If you are using Vista, then check this page instead.

Once you have reformatted and reinstalled Windows, have a look at this page for some useful tips on staying clean, along with links to some freeware to help.

To find out more information about how you may have got infected in the first place, you can read this article.

I am sorry I cannot give any better news.

Sesame

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2009, 03:42:48 PM »
Yes.  I knew L'arc was right but I didn't know how to convince ladygaga345 due to my lack of knowledge.  I'm sure that pskill.exe is not the vital system file but it doesn't matter.  If even essexboy says that ladygaga345's computer needs reformatting, I don't think you have a better piece of advice here.  Thank you, essexboy.

bobo1

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2009, 10:34:46 PM »
Best to reinstall windows and format the hard drive only proven way fo get rid of stubborn viruses. Quick and easy! ;D

ladygaga345

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2009, 08:13:57 AM »
no its not a virut.and isnt the Win32:Sality is gone even if i use that tool of kaspersky and scan using avast and Dr.Web?????

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2009, 08:31:44 AM »
Sadly, while reading the blog, I encountered this:

The same applies for other File infectors such as Sality.

I guess. there won't be any better choice.
Sorry for yesterday if slept too early.
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

Offline superhacker

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • superhacker != super mario
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2009, 01:55:39 PM »
brother ladygaga345:
avast is super av can remove trojans rootkits,....and can prevent viruses and trojans,......
BUT
when the virus enter your machine avast can just delete it"the file who has it"its cleaning routines is so weak.so sality may go from your system but alo t of files destroyed you should scan by dr.web cure it before avast it can repair a lot of files infector,and you got warning about java and messenger coz they run on system start up and the system dont find them so you warned about them.
format c: /q
then run a dr.web scan for other disks then have a good day.we are all here want help you,help your self.
Dreams don't die, they just fall asleep.

ladygaga345

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2009, 02:58:46 PM »
yeah i have scaned my pc with Dr.Web Cure It and it didnt detect any and those errors are now solve..tnx to Rumpel!!!!!!!!!!

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2009, 03:07:43 PM »
  ladygaga345,

Are you planning to reformat? If not, then I'll try to give you steps to repair at least those that are repairable can still be repaired.

* Repairable is a military word for hardware components of a weapons system that are designated for repair. :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 03:10:13 PM by .: L' arc :. »
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1