Author Topic: pls help me i really dont know what im gonna do!!!!!!  (Read 23715 times)

Omega40

Re: pls help me i really dont know what im gonna do!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2009, 10:57:36 PM »
After all, the public beta only has some limited features.  ;)

I thought he was comparing returnil and avast.

nmb
from what I read of the reviews of "Returnil" from the Brighthub review PDF file....it is better to use an AV program along with it.

Sesame

Re: pls help me i really dont know what im gonna do!!!!!!
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2009, 02:25:56 AM »
I thought he was comparing returnil and avast.
I think you took it right except that he mentioned 5.0, of which I don't think we know everything.

from what I read of the reviews of "Returnil" from the Brighthub review PDF file....it is better to use an AV program along with it.
Guess you understood it right, then.  As far as Returnil is concerned, we need anti-virus and other protections as well since, basically, it's just ease of use virtualization app.  In fact, although 2010 version has a resident anti-virus protection called Virus Guard, I turned it off due to the common sense about resident scanners i.e. no two resident scanners.

Also, Returnil encourages its users to keep their data files to drives other than C drive, which is a good practice.  The quote below is quoted from the site L' arc linked.
#1 Never put anything on your "C" drive that you can't afford to lose.
Sooner or later something really bad is going to happen to your computer. A virus, a misbehaving program, a hacker, or stupid mistake can leave your computer unable to start up. Often times tracking down and fixing the problem is more time consuming than flushing the drive and starting over (what we call the "Flush & Fill.") The operating system and programs can be easily reinstalled, but personal information or business files can be lost in the process if they're on the same drive as the operating system.
Our solution is to either partition the drive into two logical drives, or install a separate drive (or even redundant drive array) to hold your personal data. That way when the need arises, you can blow away your OS with impunity and be able to recover full use as painlessly as possible. (Partitioning a single drive protects you from OS failure, but not from hardware disk failure. Only a "disk image" backup can allow recovery of both OS and data files in the event of a dying disk.)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 02:29:57 AM by Rumpel »