Author Topic: pls help me i really dont know what im gonna do!!!!!!  (Read 23700 times)

ladygaga345

Re: pls help me i really dont know what im gonna do!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2009, 03:11:15 PM »
im not planning to reformat...coz im only 14 years old and only my couzin can do that....

by the way Good night im going to sleep now...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 03:22:10 PM by ladygaga345 »

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2009, 03:25:30 PM »
A. Ok. Toodle Pip.
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2009, 03:31:01 PM »
L'arc do you think if we backup the windows file then we delete the infected file and we restore them it will be fix?

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2009, 03:45:43 PM »
The problem is if we could locate every single bad file. Moreover, segregating good ones from the bad ones would be pretty tough too.
avast! 9 RC1

Sesame

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2009, 03:53:42 PM »
The problem is if we could locate every single bad file. Moreover, segregating good ones from the bad ones would be pretty tough too.
Yea...it's really nasty malware, it seems.  What essexboy recommended was that to rescue the files which ladygaga345 wants to back up except files with those extensions before reformatting and starting from scratch.

The problem is that  ladygaga345 is not willing to go through it.  I hope there will be no problem with ladygaga345's computer.  If something happens again, ladygaga345 may come back, though.  Then, maybe, we can recommend ladygaga345 to ask his/her cousin to do that.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2009, 03:56:39 PM »
L'arc do you think if we backup the windows file then we delete the infected file and we restore them it will be fix?

Hello shiw laing,

although it was directed at L'arc, I will comment if you allow.

instead of backing up every other system file (since it is very tedious, as L'arc indicated.), there are many programs which can create images of drives exactly as you see and can also restore them exactly. one of them is : http://www.filehippo.com/download_oo_diskimage_express/

if you don't want to use disk image programs.., then there are some more applications which can reset all changes made to your system. one of them is returnil. but it needs a bit more understanding of how it works, when to use and when not use. so be careful before using such programs. if you need help, pm me.

sorry for off topic post.

nmb
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 04:01:10 PM by nmb »

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2009, 04:19:58 PM »
 I started Googling and found this program: Deep Freeze by Faronics.

Deep Freeze is a product that basically takes a snapshot of all settings on your pc. When changes (software installs, registry changes, etc.) are made to the pc, upon the reboot those changes are discarded and returned to its original settings that was taken from the snapshot.

It can freeze all computer settings and state even after a restart while in frozen state and can return it into a customizable PC by thawing. Pretty much like in cryogenic engineering. This could probably help prevent severe system file modifications by malwares. The problem is, it's not a freeware.

Anyhow, the best way to prevent malwares is still by the freeware, lifetime use and no-download-install-needed, Safe Computing. :)

Have a virus free day everyone and good night.
avast! 9 RC1

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2009, 04:27:55 PM »
Hello my friend L'arc,

The reason for me to suggest Returnil is that it has a free version which does have some good features.

also, virus might not be the only reason for a person to back up files. who knows what happens to your hardware in next moment?.. that might not be the only reason and it follows that its always good to have back up. i have heard and read that disk image express by OO soft is a good app which is also free. It has many features as you can see in the link I have given. it is worth giving a try.

once again sorry for the off topic post.

nmb

Sesame

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2009, 04:38:05 PM »
I take it somehow the topic shifted from repairing the infested computer to pro-active defense and backing up.

@nmb  Are you actually using Returnil in daily-basis?  I'm asking this since I cannot find it on your signature.  I'm using Returnil Virtual System 2010, too, and found it quite good.  If anybody is interested, you can download manuals at the official site for some basic information on this app.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 04:49:14 PM by Rumpel »

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2009, 04:56:02 PM »
Hello my friend rumpel,

I was talking about the free home version available in this page : http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/home-security

as I said it (returnil) does have some good features and have also seen a person use it. but I don't use it.

you can download manuals at the official site for some basic information on this app.

sure I will try to take a look at it. is this because i posted something wrong? , please correct me. everyone does make mistakes. forgive me if I was.

nmb

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2009, 04:57:37 PM »
But I don't think it is better than avast 5.0

Sesame

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2009, 05:03:17 PM »
sure I will try to take a look at it. is this because i posted something wrong? , please correct me. everyone does make mistakes. forgive me if I was.
No way.  ;)  I think you are usually thoughtful.  As I had edited to make it clear, it's for those who haven't tried it.

I'm currently using the Giveawayoftheday version, thanks to Tech, but I agree with you at that Free version is good enough.

But I don't think it is better than avast 5.0
Er...what should I say?  ;D

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2009, 05:13:31 PM »
Thanks for the change in your post Rumpel. :) and.. shiw is still learning. he has some doubts.  ;)

nmb

Sesame

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2009, 05:22:11 PM »
Thanks for the change in your post Rumpel. :) and.. shiw is still learning. he has some doubts.  ;)
Actually, I think he may not be so far from truth.  After all, the public beta only has some limited features.  ;)

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2009, 05:51:22 PM »
After all, the public beta only has some limited features.  ;)

I thought he was comparing returnil and avast.

nmb