Author Topic: pls help  (Read 2421 times)

livergirl24

pls help
« on: November 09, 2009, 05:58:25 PM »
hi i downloaded avast pro trial which ran out yesterday i couldnt afford 2 buy full so some1 sed i should b able 2 get avast home edition for free for 1 yr so i uninstalled avast which in turn has made my whole system when goin online mess up i cant get on 2 some websites and if i do there is only little bits i can see so i downloaded avasy=t home which went on fine and done a scan ect nothing was wrong , but my stystem was still playing up so i done a system restore whichleft me with expired avast pro BUT my system worked fine ??? i tried deleting again and used avg which scan gave me nothing other than cookies which i deleted but still problems AS soon as i deleted avast B$ downloading avg so no conflict , ive now done system restore again n back with a non working avast as if i take off my system dont work so i dont know wat 2 do :s

Spiritsongs

Uninstall Utility
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 07:35:34 PM »
 :)  Hi :

When it comes to removing the Avast Pro Version, have you used our
 "Uninstall Utility" AND followed the Instructions at
 www.avast.com/eng/avast-uninstall-utility.html  !?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: pls help
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 07:41:09 PM »
There would have been no need to uninstall, just register for the Home version and enter that registration key, which should downgrade the pro trial to the home version.

- Complete the avast! 4 Home Registration form and you will receive an email from register @ avast.com (without the spaces) with your registration key.

Also see Insert Registration Key - Video

I fear that installing AVG is going to throw another spanner in the works as having two resident AVs causes no end of issues.

####
Download the latest version of avast http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again. Use that when you reinstall. Ensure that you scroll down and select the avast direct download link for the English version and not Cnet as that is for an on-line installation (not what you want to do). - Direct download for avast Home, English version, http://files.avast.com/iavs4pro/setupeng.exe.

Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, find it here and save it to your HDD.
  • 1. Now uninstall (using add remove programs, if you can't do that start from the next step), reboot.
  • 2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility, reboot.  If step 1 failed it may be necessary to run this from safe mode, once complete reboot into normal mode.
  • 3. install the latest version, reboot.

~~~~
Ensure that you have downloaded the above applications then uninstalled AVG before starting the clean reinstallation of avast as outlined above.

I would also suggest that you download and run this tool to ensure that there are no remnants of AVG - AVG8.x Remover, download tool from here, http://www.avg.com/download-tools there is a 32bit and 64 bit windows version, ensure you use the correct one.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

livergirl24

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 07:42:27 PM »
yes i have uninstalled using that method but it was still no help as it seems to freeze my whole system to an almost stand still

livergirl24

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 07:46:36 PM »
im trying reply no.2 now thx

livergirl24

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 08:20:54 PM »
ok i got to removing avast in safe mode wen reboot and turn on computer is bodged again :s 1st clue to this is sidebar is not workin proper wen ive re installed avast its still the same as is all the internet i go on , hence having to system restore :( , also i tried registering for home ed , was sucessful put key in to old avast which took ok , theres no a ball bottom corner so had 2 go in where i saved n comes up skin error choose skin which i done n still wont work