Author Topic: Excluding MBAM files  (Read 7300 times)

Sesame

Re: Excluding MBAM files
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 05:21:04 PM »
Why would it have to, the only reasonable reason would be if avast were alerting on them, which presumably it isn't or you would have said. Even if it were alerting they should be sent for analysis and correction if required, so helping all avast and MBAM users.

So the short answer is No there should be no reason to exclude them, unless there is more that you aren't telling us.

So why would you be even contemplating this.
Er...erm...are you having your period, DavidR?  [Edit]I mean, I basically agree with you, here, but...  :-[[/Edit]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 05:31:09 PM by Rumpel »

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 07:11:04 PM »
Bluesman: Så det betyder, att du inte har ställt MBAM-filerna på listan?

Yes, that is correct! (Please use english in the forum, pm if you want to talk swedish and smörgåsbord)

"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 07:13:28 PM »
But, nothing it is quite clear there is no reason to exclude files that aren't causing issues as simple as that.

He asked for thoughts and that is exactly what I gave him.

I'm sure if he had a problem with what I said then I'm sure that he is big enough to look after himself.

You often call yourself forward or direct and that was exactly what I was direct, perhaps you too are having your period when you too are direct  :-*
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Avastfan1

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 07:44:02 PM »
Dear Forum Users,

Thank you for your contribution. I appreciate both your directness and patience with a less-experienced user.

I can see the risk of adding files to the exclusion list as well as the benefit of reducing conflicts between security software. So, I will still need to think about this a little bit more.

It is extremely difficult to choose an appropriate firewall. Although ZoneAlarm Pro has been relatively good over the last few years, the support on the ZA forum combined with the quality of the product has decreased in my opinion.

The variety of firewalls out and their commercial interests do not bode well for less-experienced users like myself. I would like to keep Avast Pro and MBAM resident protection as part of my setup. Product quality and expert forum support are two factors which really benefit me.

However, the search for a firewall which is resource-light and at the same time 'heavy-duty' and reliable goes on. Preferably, I would like to include a free firewall in my setup. In my experience, expensive 'branded' firewalls, for example Norton, Panda, Mcaffee, are bloated software packages which require unnecessary resource-capability of a computer. Moreover they tend to over consume resources on adequately-equipped computers.

Please keep your thoughts, suggestions and comments flowing. They all increase the knowledge of users on this forum.

Thanks,

Avastfan1

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 09:59:34 PM »
So why would you be even contemplating this.

It was advised by MBAM developers.

Do we have a sticky on suggested software firewalls?  If not, we probably should.  I see this question all the time!
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Sesame

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 02:06:26 AM »
Yes, it seems that this thread ended up with yet another thread about software firewall.  Avastfan1, please search the forum.  There are quite a lot of threads about this topic.

Avastfan1

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2009, 09:26:36 AM »
Thanks for the tips. I have indeed already searched the forum's firewall threads.

Unfortunately, I still cannot make up my mind which one to choose!!! :)

Avastfan1

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2009, 02:13:23 PM »
Unfortunately, I still cannot make up my mind which one to choose!!! :)
Haven't we suggested a firewall before?
What kind of help you need to choose?
The best things in life are free.