Author Topic: Avast! Boot time scan access denied: Program cannot schedual boot time scan?  (Read 4019 times)

Philo

Hey all,
Was gonna run a boot time scan in safe mode tonight, but got the above mentioned response: access denied: Program cannot schedule boot time scan?
So, I tried to do in regular boot mode, got the same response.

Any idea what this is caused from? I've used the boot time scan before without any problem. What should I do?

Thanks,
Philo

Philo

:-[Please help guys :-[
Is this a technical issue, or maybe malware related? As I said, I've used it before without issue, although it's been a month or so.
Should I uninstall and reinstall?
I've run full avast! and malwarebytes scans (free versions) but got nothing infected.
I would like to run the boot time scan.
please help with this.
thank you,
Philo

CharleyO

Try a repair of avast :

Control panel > Add/remove programs > click once on avast to select it > click on Change/Remove > scroll down the left pane and click on repair > click OK> follow directions

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Are you logged as an administrator?
You don't need to enter in Safe Mode to run the boot time scanning.
The best things in life are free.

nampt

RAM: 128MB?

Philo

@All,

Thanks for stopping by. In fact, I was NOT logged in as the admin. I did not know that you needed to be in admin to use the boot-time scan. I don't use my admin account for everyday stuff, only my standard user account. Odd thing though, I can still use Avast! as standard user w/admin password via UAC, but apparently not the boot time scan(?)

Either way, problem solved now.

Thanks very much :)
Philo

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
You're welcome Philo.
The best things in life are free.