Author Topic: What cloud antivirus to use?  (Read 20571 times)

pete319

Re: What cloud antivirus to use?
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2009, 10:52:41 AM »
Hi YoKenny

You have made a bit nervous as i am not a whiz with computers.
But at this stage i will still most likely give it a try.I assume if i run into problems it is easy enough to uninstall.

YoKenny

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2009, 11:00:30 AM »
@pete319

Its easy to un-install but requires a reboot to complete.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2009, 11:10:18 AM »
If you want to go full cloud, go with Panda Cloud + ThreatFire. Everything else is waste of time and resources imo.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

pete319

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2009, 11:32:42 AM »
@pete319

Its easy to un-install but requires a reboot to complete.

Thanks for that
I have installed it, but it will not connect will try later and see, it seemed to install okay.

If you want to go full cloud, go with Panda Cloud + ThreatFire. Everything else is waste of time and resources imo.

Thanks RejZoR
I will check it out

Pete

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2009, 11:45:37 AM »
@pete319

Let me know how you make out with Immunet Protect on XP as I could not get it to run on my XP Pro system and it would cause the system to hang.

YoKenny I had the same problem to it cause my XP to hang, IF you turn off Active Protection Mode and Verbose Tray Notification your XP will not cause the system to hang. My is up and running for almost a month now and no problem so far.

Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

pete319

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2009, 11:47:57 AM »
@pete319

Let me know how you make out with Immunet Protect on XP as I could not get it to run on my XP Pro system and it would cause the system to hang.

Hi YoKenny
It seems to be running okay now, i did a reboot and that seemed to do the trick.
I did their flash scan and all came up clean.
I will try it and see if i run into any problems, will post back in a couple of days to let you know if it's still running okay. If i get any hangs will be sooner.

I do have a problem have rebooted twice now and when it starts up, a balloon message pops up telling me a important driver failed to load. It is too quick to see name of driver, but seems to be working okay, but i feel i will uninstall
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 12:02:18 PM by pete319 »

YoKenny

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2009, 12:52:53 PM »
@SpeedyPC

Why don't you make your signature more meaningful by going to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information then Signature: and enter system information like my signature.

Immunet Protect works fine on my Windows 7 system.

@RejZoR
Panda Cloud wants avast! removed.
I'll stay with what I have.  :)

I like my head to be clear and not stuck in the clouds.

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2009, 01:07:48 PM »
Mine works fine in  my window xp pack 3!
But sometimes it says immunet protect had encounter an error and needs to close!
I wonder why?

pete319

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2009, 01:15:57 PM »
Mine works fine in  my window xp pack 3!
But sometimes it says immunet protect had encounter an error and needs to close!
I wonder why?

Hi shiw liang  ;)
Yes it does make you wonder.
I have now uninstalled.

Offline Confused Computer User

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • The answer is 42
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2009, 01:18:30 AM »
@pete319

YoKenny I had the same problem to it cause my XP to hang, IF you turn off Active Protection Mode and Verbose Tray Notification your XP will not cause the system to hang. My is up and running for almost a month now and no problem so far.

Similar issue but with Vista. My IE crashes open opening and even with a reboot nothing seems to cure it (except for the uninstall).

Is this software Beta or is there an older final release? I tried looking for it but to no avail. The version available on the publisher's site has a license agreement that says beta on it.

Computer Systems:

Intel Pentium 4 641 / 2GB RAM / Vista Home Basic SP2 / avast! 5.0 Home / SAS Free / MBAM Free / Windows Defender / Windows Firewall / Spyware Blaster/ Secunia PSI / Firefox 3.6 / Opera 10.5

Core2Duo T8300 / 4GB RAM / Vista Home Premium SP2 (32 bit version) / Same Software.

Sesame

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2009, 03:33:35 AM »
Is this software Beta or is there an older final release? I tried looking for it but to no avail. The version available on the publisher's site has a license agreement that says beta on it.
As I wrote before, it's beta and I don't think there is any final version yet since the program itself is new.

CharleyO

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2009, 08:56:44 AM »

I have been using Immunet Protect for one month without any problems at all and, even though I am on a dial-up connection, I can hardly notice it is running.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • The answer is 42
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2009, 03:40:51 PM »
As I wrote before, it's beta and I don't think there is any final version yet since the program itself is new.

Thank you for re-confirming this Rumpel. I wasn't sure. Usually the publisher tells you that it's a beta version. And that is done or should be done before the license agreement (before the download actually)

I have been using Immunet Protect for one month without any problems at all and, even though I am on a dial-up connection, I can hardly notice it is running.

Is this on XP, Vista or Win7
YoKenny had a problem with it on XP Pro and I had issues with it on Vista Home Premium.

Given that it's a beta I'll wait for the final release before trying again.
Computer Systems:

Intel Pentium 4 641 / 2GB RAM / Vista Home Basic SP2 / avast! 5.0 Home / SAS Free / MBAM Free / Windows Defender / Windows Firewall / Spyware Blaster/ Secunia PSI / Firefox 3.6 / Opera 10.5

Core2Duo T8300 / 4GB RAM / Vista Home Premium SP2 (32 bit version) / Same Software.

CharleyO

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2009, 08:30:32 AM »

Read my signature ... XP SP3 Home.   ;)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • The answer is 42
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2009, 06:58:20 PM »

Read my signature ... XP SP3 Home.   ;)

:-X :-[ Speechless and embarrassed.... how could I miss that? (rhetorical question)
Computer Systems: