Author Topic: Best Firewall to run with Avast?  (Read 3361 times)

Offline Avast Eagle

Best Firewall to run with Avast?
« on: November 10, 2009, 09:55:03 PM »
Latest version of PC Tools Firewall Plus seems starting a bit slower than before  :-\

So im here asking you great team avast, what is your preference of the available Firewall's to run with Avast?
What Firewall can ofer best performance or security together with Avast?

Offline PTRPRO

Re: Best Firewall to run with Avast?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 10:08:28 PM »
Go to "Old Sygate" and get the last version that works with your OE prior to their buyout by Symantec. It's free and good.
Packard Motorcars said "Ask the man who owns one". They're not in business anymore.

Offline Avast Eagle

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 10:24:45 PM »
lol after searchign around, i gess PC Tools might be the best available yet...  ::)

I surely wouldnt mind to go read on using a more advanced firewall like comodo,
but i need to buy glasses for my dear eyes yet, lol working on a comp everyday did hurt my eyes  :'(

gdiloren

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 10:50:08 PM »
I'm not found of PC TOOLS products, except for browser Defender web browser tool bar, they all slow or interfere with other programs. Like I uninstalled Threatfire because it interfered with starting of Sandboxie and in the past with some Firefox extensions.  :-[

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 10:59:06 PM »
Have you tried this http://free.agnitum.com/. I have been testing this for a couple of weeks after DavidR always recommend it.
And i like it, it ask very few and easy questions,
i am normally a firewall hater and is satisfied with windows firewall because they tend to ask difficult questions
Remember my first firewall from Norman it would ask questions like " do you want 628 to access the internet "   ???     so i say yes to every question

YoKenny

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 11:46:15 PM »
Have you tried this http://free.agnitum.com/. I have been testing this for a couple of weeks after DavidR always recommend it.
And i like it, it ask very few and easy questions,
i am normally a firewall hater and is satisfied with windows firewall because they tend to ask difficult questions
Remember my first firewall from Norman it would ask questions like " do you want 628 to access the internet "   ???     so i say yes to every question
IP Blocklist for Outpost:
http://www.calendarofupdates.com/updates/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=3

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 04:04:45 AM »
avast! Web Forum has lots of threads about firewalls, use the forum search function!

Also state which operating system you're using & whether it's 32bit or 64bit.

I suggest you put information like I have in my sig. in your sig., it will help members help you.

Offline Avast Eagle

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 12:08:57 AM »
Thanks Pondus  :)

Im using XP SP3 32bit, and yes this last version of PC Tools Firewall Plus isnt so great as before so wotn miss it.