Author Topic: Avast Boot time scan 1-81%  (Read 2368 times)

Draco86

Avast Boot time scan 1-81%
« on: November 11, 2009, 03:12:17 PM »
I was watching it and saw it jump from 1 to 81%
but then took a while at 81
although once I logged in now it tells me my windows isnt genuine, Avast didnt have anything to do with this?

oh yeah The update icon on avast keeps saying its out of date although it just update definations

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Boot time scan 1-81%
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 03:50:54 PM »
I generally don't rely on progress meters, as they aren't an exact science, as I don't see how they know exactly what has to be scanned ahead of what it is done.

No avast doesn't have anything to do with Microsoft reporting that your Windows isn't genuine, that is the fault of the WGA.

Given the benefit of innocence the WGA has made mistakes in the past on genuine versions, so if that is the case here, you would need to contact your Microsoft number, to have them correct the problem.

Check your system date day/month/year and correct as required.
If it is correct, try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow. This has in the past resolved this out of sync issue between reported and actual VPS version.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

DPAvaster

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 06:33:20 PM »
I agree with DavidR about progress meters - they are a pet hate of mine.  There are so many that say 100% and then continue for a few more seconds or even minutes doing something  - but what??  If it's 100% complete then what exactly is it doing?
And as you point out, they can stick on 1% for minutes, then suddenly jump to 80%.  What happened to all the processing between that those events?   

End of rant.

Draco86

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 04:57:49 AM »
naw I got the vista thing fixed, stupid microsoft released updates last night then i did a deep scan and must have triggered something because after a reboot it went away...

oh and the boot scan took alot shorter in time than the 4.0
usually i run it once a month and the old verson took about 4 -5 hours... a little longer than Check Disk
but 5.0 seems to do it in half the time
and no I havent cut back on my files, infact I have new ones and what not

Draco86

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 05:17:23 AM »
oh and btw I thought I put this in beta....
because I am working with 5.0.... guess I should have said that