Author Topic: My Avast! Home stopped Auto-Updating  (Read 2904 times)

hyjaxltd

My Avast! Home stopped Auto-Updating
« on: October 28, 2009, 05:13:58 PM »
For the past several times Iv logged on(turned on) my PC my Avast hasnt been poopping up with the 'Virus Databse Update' notification.  Nor is it updating.  This was verified yesterday as I had not turned things on for a bit...long past the 700 minutes I set the counter for...as after logging in and letting things get all loaded; waiting for Avast to update, nothing happened.  I gave it a good 10-15 minutes too.  I then went and right-clicked the icon and chose to update things myself and it then started to update.  Should I be concerned, or is this a known issue sometimes; if so, why?

Additionally, when I do first log on, when it was auto updating it would never display the task bar icon showing that it was.  However, if Id been on for a bit and the counter hit the update mark it would always show.  Is this a problem with the desktop not being loaded all the way, or icon related?

***Attached ar screen shots of the settings for my Updating.***
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 05:16:34 PM by hyjaxltd »

bobo1

Re: My Avast! Home stopped Auto-Updating
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 12:29:25 PM »
Try repair of avast through add and remove programs or select program settings update connections and select NO PROXY DIRECT CONNECTION!

bobo1

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 12:32:14 PM »
I set my update interval every 60 mins why have you set it at 700?

hyjaxltd

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 01:57:31 AM »
Try repair of avast through add and remove programs or select program settings update connections and select NO PROXY DIRECT CONNECTION!
Its fine now...I dont know why it wasnt, but the example I gave that I had to do manually went from xxxx17 to xxxxx22 for the end notation, being like what 5 days there and the fact the update was available made me wonder as well.  I think Im going to switch to the Pro version.
Sometimes I am on the Internet long enough that updating that many times could get annoying, or even checking that many times.  I know Avast uses less recources for that than probably any other program I use but its still annoyes me when my system lags...petty, I know, but its why I built my powerhouse(gonna update its inards soon).

hyjaxltd

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 05:09:48 PM »
Its back to the same thing of not auto updating....can this be looked at as a bug instead of just having me repair the installation?

Here is a pic of my 'About Avast' window shoowing the VPS date as the 9th and it still has not updated.
This is simply a preference for resources and most the time has not been about just right for time to wait, its 11 hours and 40 minutes.(This should be reliant on the actual time, not running time.)

bobo1

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 06:29:26 PM »
Try setting update connections to I ONLY CONNECT THROUGH DIAL UP MODEM.
Every time you go on line this should initiate the auto updating process and works ok for me through ADSL BROADBAND MODEM.
If it still failing suggest uninstalling avast with avast removal tool ASWCLEAR and reboot computer. Re install avast again and try again!

bobo1

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 06:31:07 PM »
Also ensure that the computer clock and date is correctly set!