Author Topic: Windows 7 Upgrade - infamous 'not responding' issue  (Read 2276 times)

mvilla888

Windows 7 Upgrade - infamous 'not responding' issue
« on: November 12, 2009, 09:10:13 PM »
hoping it's no avast causing the issue....at work now, so don't have all the info on the system...will update later if needed.

Running a 6 month old Gateway system, new HD (1 tera seagate I believe).  Had been running Vista 64 bit and experienced frequent 'not responding' pauses in numerous applications...from WoW to simple FireFox web browsing and Outlook mail.  Decided over the weekend to do an upgrade to Windows 7 (not a clean install...I know, I know....was in a hurry).  Problem has persisted through the weekend and into this week.

After reading some forums this afternoon, I'm wondering if an uninstall of Avast might solve the problem.  Seems like some systems have issues of this type with Avast and other anti-virus systems.   Hoping that an uninstall and clen reinstall will solve the problem, as I really like Avast.

Any advice would be appreciated.  Or anything I should look into before doing this????