Author Topic: License  (Read 5141 times)

andersonaa

License
« on: November 14, 2009, 04:55:24 AM »
If I registrer my e-mail and I receive License to my Avast Home 4 (Avast free), Do I use this my license in more than one computer at my home or/and university?

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: License
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 05:01:08 AM »
you can use it only in home environments. no commercial environments including non-profit and education institutions. you can contact the sales team at sales@avast.com if you want to buy pro license.

nmb

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 11:29:19 AM »
Do I use this my license in more than one computer at my home
No problems.

or/and university?
You can't do this. Only for home.
The best things in life are free.

YoKenny

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 01:28:49 PM »
@Tech

I believe avast! home used while attending university but not working for the university that the Home license can be used.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 06:14:27 PM »
@Tech

I believe avast! home used while attending university but not working for the university that the Home license can be used.
Yes. It's just an student using the computer.
Is it andersonaa's situation?

andersonaa

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 06:44:08 PM »

If my University is Public, Can I use?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 06:54:45 PM »
For the University, not.
For you, yes.
Are you a teacher or a student?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 07:10:02 PM »

The 'University' can't use the home version of avast, it must use the Pro version, though if they contact sales (at) avast (dot) com, they may get an educational discount.

If you are a student and this is your laptop that you take into university (from your home) to use in your studies, then you could use that license on a computer in your home and on a laptop that you use for your studies at university.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

towdesign88

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 10:15:34 PM »
my subscription is up - i forgot my license no - i'm trying to get re registered but I keep getting this error message:

???Sorry, due to an error, you request was not completed. The problem is on ALWIL Software servers. Please try again later.

Please help!!! i would like to take of this soon.  thanks!

Lopesmaio

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 11:47:20 PM »
If I registrer my e-mail and I receive License to my Avast Home 4 (Avast free), Do I use this my license in more than one computer at my home or/and university?

Let's see....

1. Every computer must possess a different license key, that means that you cannot use the same license key in all computers, i think that's not licit.

2. You can use avast! home edition only for home and personal use, not commercial use, so, i think avast! home edition cannot be used in the university.

YoKenny

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 12:03:59 AM »

Let's see....

1. Every computer must possess a different license key, that means that you cannot use the same license key in all computers, i think that's not licit.

2. You can use avast! home edition only for home and personal use, not commercial use, so, i think avast! home edition cannot be used in the university.
Please do not offer advice when you do  not know what you are talking about.

Go back and read what DavidR said.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 01:05:55 AM »
Please try again later.
It was a temporary problem. Try again.