Author Topic: Immunet Protect What's the verdict on this program?  (Read 10008 times)

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Re: Immunet Protect What's the verdict on this program?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 07:18:59 PM »
Hi folks,

I also had 1 item found when installing a program that was generally unknown. The flagging was right because of what the program did. Other things I downloaded were normal downloads for tools I update or for programs I use everyday and know to be clean. ImmunetProtect is rather accurate because of the whole range of security programs the users use next to ImmunetProtect. I like a program that flags an issue because it is a real issue and keep silent when green items come by,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 07:50:11 PM »
Well did someone get any notification when Immunet detect something?
In the past month, 1 item.

More importantly was it correct in its detection.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 09:23:31 PM »
Hi DavidR,

It was correct in what it detected- suspicious action of an updater. Tried it on virustotal and yes a reputable score of av-scanners would have flagged that one landing on the machine. Just diametrically different from a-squared free that will flag everything out of the ordinary, malcode or not, so I finally come to the conclusion it does a good "additional" job, like Threatfire. The team of ImmunetProtect is led by Oliver Friedrichs, who earlier worked for Symantec. The program uses each of the more than now 19.000 computers on which it has been installed as a kind of honeypot - sort of. Through this means in real time it could protect each and all members of this ImmunetProtect community: "Each time someone of the ImmunetProtect collective encounters a threat the remaining community members are being protected against this in real-time." Well, I would say "the proof is in the pudding", actually the proof of the pudding is in the eating...

pol

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 11:01:55 PM »
The question was directed mainly to Bob in the quote, as I had also seen your previous post.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 11:24:46 PM »
Hi DavidR,

Excuse me for responding to a question meant for bob3160, whenever he comes online he will answer for himself I assume.

We adopted to use this in the cloud program around the same time, just give me a good feeling as bob3160 has similar experiences with it and a good nose for promishing novelties, it could be something for you as well because it so lean on the old cycles, much more than ThreatFire is, of which updating weighs heavy (at least on  my XP SP3 machine), the scanning of allprocesses in memory and the system files is also performed quickly and adequately. Funny that we the over 60 guys have to like it, and that not a lot of youngsters installed it next to their av solution of choice, well in our case avast of-course, it also plays well alongside and recognizes Threatfire as a co-scanner, as it does avast. For now, I am a satisfied user of it,

polonus
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 11:28:52 PM by polonus »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2009, 11:33:48 PM »
Thanks but no thinks, I have done enough in the clouds ;D

I have no problem with cycles as my system is more than up the task. The main issue for me is being on dial-up that is something else to eat into my already abysmal connection speed.

I also don't use Threatfire, I really don't like being a slave to security software and use a healthy dollop of common sense to keep me out of trouble also. If all else fails a robust backup & recovery strategy and you don't need to be snowed under with security applications.

normishmael

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2009, 05:57:17 AM »
Hallo anothermack,

Ga naar hier: http://www.immunet.com/versions  klik dan op het V-tje en dan kies de download voor Microsoft Windows 64 bit (die zit eronder verborgen) en de download begint onmiddellijk, hoor.

Het is een hele fijne toevoeging naast je avast av oplossing en draait ook groots naast Threatfire,

groetjes,

polonus

P.S. Klik/klop op de deur....

How Wonderful!!
I had no idea there were "knock,Knock" jokes in Dutch!!

YoKenny

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2009, 11:50:07 AM »
@polonus

You might like to watch
Seamus McManus: Beekeeper; Father of Cloud Computing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw3QjGgDLvI

anothermack

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2009, 08:44:48 PM »
Hallo anothermack,

Ga naar hier: http://www.immunet.com/versions  klik dan op het V-tje en dan kies de download voor Microsoft Windows 64 bit (die zit eronder verborgen) en de download begint onmiddellijk, hoor.

Het is een hele fijne toevoeging naast je avast av oplossing en draait ook groots naast Threatfire,

groetjes,

polonus

P.S. Klik/klop op de deur....

How Wonderful!!
I had no idea there were "knock,Knock" jokes in Dutch!!

Hello normishmael,

Yes we sure do have those! And the other main category of jokes in the Lowlands start with 'pull my finger'.

bgrds
mack

Jahn

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2009, 03:50:45 AM »
The main issue for me is being on dial-up that is something else to eat into my already abysmal connection speed.
I'm not sure that being on a dial-up internet connection is a preclusion to using Immunet. I've been using it on a dial-up connection from my mainland home for four days without issue. The only major bandwidth usage I've noticed is during a manual scan (by agent.exe).

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2009, 04:10:50 AM »
I been asking myself if the immunet protect scans things in ther webpages but I think the answer is no!