Author Topic: Free License with parttime work?  (Read 11572 times)

Hermite15

« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 12:18:55 AM by Logos »

Omega40

Re: Free License with parttime work?
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2009, 02:33:12 AM »
If Comodo thinks that the security community will continue to recommend their product, they are dead wrong.  The people who recommend Comodo after cleaning up a malware infected computer on forums across the web will no longer be doing so.  These helpers on various forums are volunteers, they do it for free and because they want to help people.  It does not hurt them (the helpers) any if they do not recommend your product (Comodo Firewall), but, it will (does) hurt you (Comodo).

http://www.besttechie.net/2009/07/04/comodo-sells-out-to-hopsurf-loses-sight-of-priorities/

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2009, 04:34:30 AM »
COMODO is last not because it is not as good as MSE or PC Tools on a good day. It's just that COMOMDO is more accident/incident-prone than others.
As the sayiing goes, "When it is good it is very very good but when it is bad it is horrid".

Erm how? I am not having a go I know wanna know what you mean :) FP's or what?

Sorry patrice58. I was in a hurry and didn't see your immediately previous post till this morning.
Also, I've tried to forget ::) and  I don't really think that this is the right place to talk about comodo so I'll be very brief.

Consistent non-fixing of reported issues. Features and benefits promised that never eventuate.
Huge definition update file size and/or stalled definition updates @ 30%, 90%
"File name: winvnc.exe, Name of detection: Unclassified Malware[at]9635898, CIS database number: 1090". This issue not unique to Comodo. CA 2010 and McAfee Total Security are similarly difficult to convince that VNC should be left alone.
Random I/O errors at Windows start. Could be coincidence but stopped after uninstalling.

The good news! Because I don't have COMODO on anything, I didn't suffer the recent OS trashing debacle. ;)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 04:37:05 AM by Vladimyr »
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline patrice58

• Advanced Poster
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2009, 08:00:15 PM »
Lol check this out 1st the AV smokes people's computers and then they updated the suite and that smoked people's computers where will it end. 1st there was https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/workaround_for_the_99_cpu_problem_with_the_latest_virus_db_updates-t46150.0.html and now there is https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/update_cis_313119746572-t47633.0.html and ends with https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/comodo_internet_security_313119746572_released-t47641.0.html

you've posted this twice right ?
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=41708.msg431964#msg431964

ps: you're not running anything from Avast are you ?
Yes you are right I am not running anything from Avast so what you are trying to say in a round about way is why am I posting here? My answer to you is why not? You are right again I have posted it twice because I felt it deserved to be posted twice why has that upset you?
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

Offline patrice58

• Advanced Poster
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2009, 08:08:44 PM »
COMODO is last not because it is not as good as MSE or PC Tools on a good day. It's just that COMOMDO is more accident/incident-prone than others.
As the sayiing goes, "When it is good it is very very good but when it is bad it is horrid".

Erm how? I am not having a go I know wanna know what you mean :) FP's or what?

Sorry patrice58. I was in a hurry and didn't see your immediately previous post till this morning.
Also, I've tried to forget ::) and  I don't really think that this is the right place to talk about comodo so I'll be very brief.

Consistent non-fixing of reported issues. Features and benefits promised that never eventuate.
Huge definition update file size and/or stalled definition updates @ 30%, 90%
"File name: winvnc.exe, Name of detection: Unclassified Malware[at]9635898, CIS database number: 1090". This issue not unique to Comodo. CA 2010 and McAfee Total Security are similarly difficult to convince that VNC should be left alone.
Random I/O errors at Windows start. Could be coincidence but stopped after uninstalling.

The good news! Because I don't have COMODO on anything, I didn't suffer the recent OS trashing debacle. ;)
That's ok, I had CIS and the processor bug did effect me tho anyone silly enough to reinstall windows without checking task manager first should not be allowed to use a computer. I have not upgraded yet, I am scared lol :)
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,