Author Topic: What is this?  (Read 2145 times)

hello123

What is this?
« on: November 14, 2009, 07:09:31 PM »
IS this tool/website safe to visit and use. If so how useful is it and can someone explain it to me.

www.pendrivelinux.com

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
Re: What is this?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 07:48:40 PM »
The website is safe to visit and the tool safe to use. Nobody but you can decide if it's useful. I can't explain it any better than the site does.

USB Linux installation enables you to install a Portable Linux operating system on a flash drive or USB key no larger than your thumb (Thumb Drive). This portable Linux operating system can then be run from any computer that can boot from a flash device, allowing you to bring your operating system, desktop, applications, files, email, personal settings, favorites, games and more with you. It’s your own personal operating system you can carry in your pocket.
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

timcan

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 05:39:06 PM »
IS this tool/website safe to visit and use. If so how useful is it and can someone explain it to me.

www.pendrivelinux.com

:) I've never tried this before, until now. I usually dual boot linux mint from my computer's hd.
I installed damn small linux (it seemed to be the only one small enough to fit on a 512mb flash drive) and works just fine.It seems to be a good way to use linux especially if you don't want to mess with partitioning your computer's hd and dual boot.It certainly runs faster than a linux live cd. 8)

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 05:41:54 PM »