Author Topic: How to change?()  (Read 1979 times)

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
How to change?()
« on: November 22, 2009, 07:19:24 PM »
Hi :)

Does anyone know of a "magic" utility that will enable me to access and change "local security policy settings" on XP Home?

Have a nice day. :)

Hermite15

Re: How to change?()
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 07:21:51 PM »
upgrade to XP pro ?  ;)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How to change?()
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 07:39:49 PM »
As logos implies, this isn't available natively in XP Home, but natively in XP Pro, so XP Pro would be an expensive utility. But your question was "Does anyone know of a "magic" utility" that will enable me to access and change "local security policy settings" on XP Home?

I'm sure there is but I don't know of one off the top of my head, so I would suggest checking out somewhere like, snapfiles.com or download.com, or other download sites for tweak utilities od system settings utilities, etc.

I see you are hedging your bets by asking on multiple forums  (or GodzillaCache), http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32561 ;D and that seemed to get some hits.

So if that wasn't you, strange to see the exact text of the question if not you, did you not check out the advice and locations given.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security