Author Topic: SBS2003 crashes after Avast SBS Edition install  (Read 4794 times)

André K

SBS2003 crashes after Avast SBS Edition install
« on: November 05, 2009, 04:45:42 PM »
Hello,

Last week we installed Avast SBS Edition on a Windows SBS 2003 server. When the installation completed it asked for a restart so we  restarted the server. Everything looked fine until the screen "Applying computer settings" was displayed, after that the server would go in a reboot loop. Everytime it stops at the "Applying computer settings" screen and reboots again.

Luckily we were able to boot into Safe mode and uninstall Avast. We have tried to install Avast several times ending with the same problem over and over again.

Any tips ?

Thanks in advance !

André

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
Re: SBS2003 crashes after Avast SBS Edition install
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 06:17:13 PM »
? Never had that happen before.

Any other A/V programs on the server before you installed avast?

Anything in the minidump folder on the server?

Anything in the Application / System logs?
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

André K

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 03:10:30 PM »
Before we tried to install Avast Server Edition, Trend Micro Worry-Free Business was installed.

Problem is that the minidump was not configured and to reproduce this problem i have to install Avast again and i think the customer won't be happy with that due to downtime..

Only one warning shows in the system log at the time the server boots but i don't know if this has anything to do with it.

"The Security System detected an authentication error for the server cifs/servername.domain.local.  The failure code from authentication protocol Kerberos was "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.
 (0xc000005e)".

System info :

Version Avast : 4.8.1091
Hardware config : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 5130 @ 2.00GHz

misja.geuskens

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 11:31:06 AM »
Hi,

I've got the same problem as you, but on W2k3 server. I haven't found a solution yet. Can you tell me something about your config. Mine:

-Wk23 SP2 with latest hotfixes
-Functional as DC and File & Printservices
-Running firewall with exception for F&P (I think the managed client can't even be deployed without File&Print sharing turned on)
-ICMP is enabled

Regards Misja