Author Topic: Start avast! Antivirus ...  (Read 15915 times)

bobo1

Re: Start avast! Antivirus ...
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2009, 02:47:36 PM »
Hi David,
If Circlip Avast install is stable and working a boot time scan would be better than safe mode. I think he has virtumonde traces on his computer though? in his message previously.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2009, 03:16:56 PM »
So what, any traces would be irrelevant. If they can be detected they should be easier removed in the boot-time scan before windows starts rather than in safe mode where some malware can still run and elude detection/removal.

If they can't be detected in normal mode this is either because they are being protected (in which case the boot-time scan is more effective) or that the traces, if you mean registry entries, then these won't be found as avast doesn't specifically scan the registry (in normal, safe mode or boot-time).

If a spyware/malware detection is found by avast then it will check for associated registry entries, but it doesn't do a specific registry scan as anti-spy/malware applications do and that is why you see specific anti-spy/malware in my signature.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Circlip

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2009, 03:11:47 PM »
Hi folks  :)

As I have now done all the testing on my downloads of Spybot and malwarebites in various ways and even gota new reg key for my avast! i`m sort of happy with the results. Though I still get this 3D effect and my background photo trippled in size.  :o 
Though of coarse getting mixed-up with whats happing when i`m doing a scan ... well through the process I write things down and on a pad and then write them out on here.

I have taken a look on Spybot and i`ve found a page with some results but it`s above me of how to put those on here  ???  ::) so i`ll write them out on my pad and again on to here.
Does anyone else feel like this and should just take my/your PC to a repair person??? And to add to this, I have an External Hard Drive (bought for me and never used) and could use that to put my all important family/friends, oh and motorbike travel photos on.

Thanks for all these replies guys and hope it is help to others that read this form.

Back soon with results of Spybot.  ;)

Circlip   

Circlip

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2009, 04:36:18 PM »
Spybot results ...

AntiSpyCheck   (1)
IE toolbar
H-KEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-727277332-2133720857-1603154396-1006\Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\{65742936-8............ 23/11/09 13:58:33

Zlob.Downloader.vdt                      (3)
1st ... Settings ... is all the same as above but changes after ... \InternetExplorer\NewWindows\Allow\*.securemana........                       23/11/09  13:58:35
2nd ... All the same again after ... \Allow\*.safetyinclud.............             23/11/09  13:58:34
3rd ...  All the same again after ... \Allow\*.securewebi..................               23/11/09  13:58:34
What ever comes after the dots ............... i`m not sure

Virtumonde                                   (3)
Autorun Settings(PrintDrive)
1st ...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current\version\Run\PrintDrive  23/11/09 13:58:35
2nd ...
Configuration
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cvsicdyy.ini................23/11/09 13:58:35
3rd ...
UserSettings
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-727277332-2133720857-1603154396-1006\AtlMon.ReusableComp.5. 23/11/09 13:58:35

Phew!!! Circlip

Circlip

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2009, 11:47:50 AM »
Morning all,
So ... this morning when trying to log on, switch on, get on the internet, find my home page ... NADA !!!   :'(
Click on the Start, click on Windows Internet Explorer and the page opens but then thats it ... i`m well P****d off !!!
I see that clock works and my little Avast (a) spins now and then ... the Refresh (F5) doesn`t work or the X on the top right. All my icons are there and havn`t gone as they usually do, even (i) of avast is still there. I try my ISP to see if i`m conected, Oh yes I am!!!

I think i`ll start again, so I go to close window and a box comes up to end session I click this and that = send error report ... It always says/asks why and this occation I pressed it = problems caused by Microsoft. Oh Windows Internet Explorer ask me if I would like Explorer 8 ... I think why not, click on that. My normal page/window came up and i`m on the internet. WOW !!!

So i`m on an another window and this says Troubleshooting :-

Amongst other things, If I have downloaded anything like
= Spyware,adware, or other malicious spyware,  :P  blah blah!!!
= Internet Explorer add-ons
= Computor viruses
 ???
Hmmm ... this means what exactly? 

Well, as you see i`m now on the internet but do I have to do somethng different to just get to the internet?

I am a very confused old git and very dis-chuffed.

Circlip 

bobo1

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2009, 02:46:21 PM »
Have you clicked on remove selected items what spybot search and destroy found?! and rebooted your computer after this.
If your internet is working have you tried to update avast ? 1 Right click A Icon, 2 Highlight UPDATING 3 Select iAVS to update Avast manualy and do a boot time scan.

bobo1

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2009, 03:28:17 PM »
If IE7 is possibly faulty you can reset it. Go to control pannel, select internet options, select advanced tab. press reset button. This will rebuild IE7 to defaults. And you can then set your home page by going to tools internet options in top box set your home page to what you want and press use current.