Author Topic: Windows XP - No Desktop - After avast!!!!!  (Read 3176 times)

kr34

Windows XP - No Desktop - After avast!!!!!
« on: November 21, 2009, 01:05:51 PM »
Hi every one >>>

i have read this topic http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=50824.0 and i search the forum for the same case i have but not found any .

ok i installed avast in many old & new pc's and it work very fine some of the old Pc's when i remove the old AV ( AVG ) and restart the system and then install avast it will scan the HDD before goes to GUI and im always select to Delete All ( i mean any infected file ) duraing the scan ... so it will not load the Desktop in safe or normal MODE .... i have linux installed also i can boot to linux --- i have windows xp Live cd also any advice !!!

thanks & sorry for my poor English

bobo1

Re: Windows XP - No Desktop - After avast!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 03:54:48 PM »
Hi,
Looks like an operating system jam in normal boot mode. Cure Boot computer in safe mode by hitting F8 as the computer is starting. Remove avast in safe mode & reboot normally. Did you have avg on your computer before avast? You need to remove AVG compleaty by using avg removal tool before using avast! & try again.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 04:28:07 PM »
AVG8.x Remover, download tool from here, http://www.avg.com/download-tools there is a 32bit and 64 bit windows version, ensure you use the correct one.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

kr34

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 06:27:28 PM »
thanks for quick reply >>> the problem am not able to boot in safe mode >>> only the mouse courser appear it takes 5 hours like this .. but nothing happened . so both safe & normal mode not showing the desktop . i removed the AVG free then i reboot the system . Then i start the installtion of avast it goes smoth then when i restarted ... Avast start scanning and found some infected files  and give list to choose so i select the option # 2 Delete all : ) ... this was the last time i see my Desktop  ;D

thanks again

bobo1

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 07:17:28 PM »
You will need a XP Operating system CD Rom disk to repair windows sounds like major curruption of the windows files. Boot from cd rom & repair windows or if that fails format and re install.

kr34

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 09:59:50 AM »
thanks every 1 ... but saddly i formated ... BUT still im gona use Avast !

thanks again for greate support

cinchez

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 12:02:00 PM »
Thanks for choosing avast!

God Bless u...:)

-AnimeLover^^