Author Topic: software  (Read 2518 times)

tigeruk1

software
« on: June 11, 2004, 08:47:00 PM »
hi need help with the software,had a message come up saying, error while trying to update avast anti-virus.can somebody please help

S.Z.Craftec

Re:software
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 08:51:55 PM »
Try to update manually. Go to tray icon, blue ball with letter "a" inside. Right click it, choose Updating and then iAVS update... or program update, depends which one you wanna perform...

Then post your results... it may be just basic reason, that you weren't connected to internet while avast! was trying to update it's virus definitions... that's all...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:software
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 09:01:24 PM »
This can happen through nothing more than a server dropped connection/timeout (busy), when the auto-update connects to check if there is an update available.

This happened to me today and I did as Sasha said, I did a manual check for updates and found everything upto date. Only a connection glitch, just monitor it again and if it happens make a note of the message and post again.

HTH David
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security