Author Topic: Microsoft roadmap pegs Windows 8 release for 2012, or just after the world's end  (Read 10170 times)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
It's somewhat hard to believe that we're already talking about Windows 8 given that Windows 7 just hit the shelves two months ago, but you know the engineers at Microsoft are already planning ahead.
http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/21/microsoft-roadmap-pegs-windows-8-release-for-2012-or-just-after/

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Mmm, I wonder what they know, that we don't ;D

Windows 7 barely out the door and talk of a successor, it took ages before talk of win7 after the release of Vista.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Mmm, I wonder what they know, that we don't
jepp, maybe we should wait for Vista SP3 and then jump to win8......

Obs DavidR do you skydive?......your avatar pic?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Not any longer, I still dream about it if that counts ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
aha ... so you've tried it. Well I just dreaming, do not know if I dare try.... :o

pinnacle

well that settles that I am  keeping Windows XP  till Windows 8 comes out with support for XP till 2014, gives users plenty of cushion based on that 2012 tentative date.

YoKenny

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you

2012 Lottery
http://www.2012lottery.net

pinnacle

Yokenny, Why rely on that website, when I can use my Crazy Eight Ball, It is very accurate, oops wait "try again later" , shaking again " too soon to tell" , darn I dropped the crazy eight ball. ok here goes ,"Your in good hands" Yokenny let me get back to you on this

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
don't now what scares me most 2012, skydiving or kenny..... ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
aha ... so you've tried it. Well I just dreaming, do not know if I dare try.... :o

I tried it just over 2,700 times, just getting used to it you might say. I stopped just before leaving the services.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you

So I guess I succeeded ;D along with Vlk who said this ;D

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Since we've wandered totally OT, I couldn't resist throwing in my favorite story on a related topic to David's love.

This guy's not skydiving, just practicing parachute jumps.  On one jump, his chute failed to open, and he couldn't get the backup to work properly either.  As he looks down to see the ground rushing up at him, he notices a man rising towards him as fast as he's plummeting downward.

As they pass, he yells out "Hey, you know anything about parachutes? I desperately need help!"

"No, sorry -- you know anything about propane BBQs?"
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

spg SCOTT

If it's 'code name is windows 8, what is it's real name?

I think it is just down to the money...new windows = more money, lots more...

[OT]
I've always wanted to try skydiving...although there is something to be said about your mental state when you are prepared to jump out of a perfectly good aircraft... ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
The two most dangerous times in flying are take off and landing, I was reducing the risk by 50% ;D

hello123

Microsoft should not be concerned with windows 8, it must be tough now, they have to make updates and patches for 3 different OSes,xp vista and win7.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
OT
This could be something for you DavidR, one week every year in Norway.... :o
http://www.ekstremsportveko.com/
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 01:27:58 AM by Pondus »