Author Topic: backup.db (not scanned)  (Read 3043 times)

jo6pak

backup.db (not scanned)
« on: November 24, 2009, 10:57:11 PM »
i have the latest version of avast, whatever it is, i just download a new one when i'm notified, i don't look at the version.  this morning i ran a complete scan and two files were unable to be scanned due to password protect.  i realize this is often not a concern, but i was unable to locate one of the files in the directory specified (somewhere in my windows xp profile, i don't remember the path) nor was i able to find any info in a google search (odd).  i didn't even look for the other file nor can i remember the name/path.  the file name i could not find is 'backup.db'.  yes, i had 'view hidden files' enabled.

i also run free versions of superantispyware and malwarebytes on the same pc.  could it be something left by one of them (neither called it out after a scan)?

thanks for any help out there and excuse my ignorance, in advance...

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: backup.db (not scanned)
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 12:26:43 AM »
Since you don't mention the location of the file there is no way to make any direct association.

Here we really come to the crux of the matter and should allay fears and the link Pondus posted to an earlier post of mine should do that, there is nothing to be concerned with.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

jo6pak

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 12:31:54 AM »
Sorry, i don't recall the exact path and posting this thread was an afterthought, many hours later.  I'm not too concerned about the file being harmful, I'm more curious as to why I couldn't find it when I searched my profile, because Avast! clearly called it out as being in that directory.  Also, this is the first time I've ever come up empty on a Google search for info on a particular filename.

Thanx, everybody...

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 12:34:04 AM »
You're welcome.

You could post it again after your next scan ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security