Author Topic: Configuration Problems?  (Read 5167 times)

softwareguy

Configuration Problems?
« on: June 10, 2004, 11:54:36 PM »
1. When config'ing the Screen Saver task via the Avast Enhanced Interface, it seems that no screensavers could be config'ed there.
2. When config'ing the Screen Saver task from Display Properties and clicking on the screen saver settings, Avast could not find the screensaver file. "/c"
3. When config'ing the Resident protection task via the Avast Enhanced Interface, Set to normal/high button would not reset the slidebar. (When you double-click the Avast circular icon)
4. Where is the Type tab for Resident protection?  ???

S.Z.Craftec

Re:Configuration Problems?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 01:45:55 AM »
I'm having exactly same problems with avast! Screen saver. It was working great till today... now if I go to Display properties/Screen Saver, I am able to find avast! screen saver, but I'm totaly unable to change settings... if I press SETTINGS button, it doesn't do anything... just quick blink inside that preview window (monitor picture) and that's all...

Alwil help please, 'cause I don't wanna use any other screen saver than this one... it's kinda urgent...  ;D

Any thoughts on this one ?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 01:46:57 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

softwareguy

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 08:55:29 AM »
Any Alwil Team members comment on this?  :'(

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 02:39:10 PM »
Exactly the same for me...
avast! antivirus screen saver module works as usual but I cannot configurate it  :'(
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 07:03:51 PM »
Then we can call it a bug... there is nothing to be ashamed of, but we're just pointing to this, so our frinds from Alwil can fix it...

I really can't live without that screensaver, and I tried to change some settings, and oups...

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 09:48:03 PM »
I believe Vlk has already found and fixed the problem. Sorry for the troubles...

Gillie2tat

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2004, 10:52:50 PM »
Hmm I have the Anfy software for making Java applets on my system, there is a screensaver in my collection called Anfy Screensaver (which presumably runs screensavers based on the Anfy program which does create screensavers as well - I don't know because I normally just run the My Pictures screensaver and select one of my photo folders).

When I tried to change from the My Pictures screensaver to the Avast screensaver my Kerio firewall at once came up with an alert saying something was trying to launch the Anfysave - I would have expected it to say that it was launching the Avast screensaver.  Any ideas as to why that might happen?

« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 10:54:39 PM by Gillie2tat »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2004, 11:56:45 PM »
I believe Vlk has already found and fixed the problem. Sorry for the troubles...

OK, thanks Igor and Ondrej. So, do we have to wait for next program update or there is another way (shortcut) to fix this localy on each computer ?

Thanks again !

softwareguy

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2004, 11:59:35 PM »
I guess we will have to wait until the next major which is due in like a month?  :-\
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 11:59:56 PM by softwareguy »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2004, 12:28:32 AM »
Probably, but I can wait.. it's all about avast!

Another thing... I can see you don't know Alwil guys very well. Don't worry, there is enough time to meet them all... just stick around in this forum and I promise, you'll see why this forum is the best...

I'm sure Alwil guys will think of something sooner than next avast! program update release... nothing surprising when we talk about Alwil guys...  ;)