Author Topic: Ricsi - 831 or TR/Crypt.xpact.gen  (Read 5689 times)

zynga

Ricsi - 831 or TR/Crypt.xpact.gen
« on: November 26, 2009, 04:52:22 PM »
hi..  please, I need some help here.

I have been using avast for one year now, and so far I have no complains. Not until recently, due to its failure in detecting a virus in my computer.

At first, I dont where there is a virus in my computer. All i know is when I try to install a certain game, it wont start. To be exact, the game wont initiate loading the game and I have force a restart through the power button. I am very certain that my computer has adequate requirements for the game, so I thought my video card is damage or something.

But then, I try to start a game that has already been istalled in my computer and it ends up the same. Later on, I try to use avast on Ubuntu (I have two OS on my computer, xp & Ubuntu) and it detect a "Ricsi - 831" in a exe file called "hiberfil.sys" on my xp, so I delete it from Ubuntu.
It worked at first, I can play all my computer games. But then, tomorrow morning I encounter the same problems. This time I try to use Avira and the report a "TR/Crypt.xpact.gen". I try everything, delete, clean, quarantine, and Avira always detect again and again.

I try googling to find a way to cure this virus. The best way is to install POreto anti virus, yet again it failed to fix the problem.

Now please, can somebody help me. I need the virus to be solve once and for all. Thank u...

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Ricsi - 831 or TR/Crypt.xpact.gen
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 05:04:49 PM »
hey and welcome to the forum I suggest you try MBAB and/or SAS.

http://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/
http://filehippo.com/download_superantispyware/

good luck and write back if you getting any problems.
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 05:22:34 PM »
Sounds like a false alarms (or two, actually) to me.

zynga

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 05:24:03 PM »
ok.. will do..
I let u know, as soon as I get the result. Thanx.

zynga

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 11:24:13 AM »
ok, yesterday I have run a test with MBAB and SAS just like you said. The results ware good, it detects the trojan and some malware I've mention earlier. But unfortunately the problem has still not ended. I still cannot load any game I have and I can not even start my Ubuntu. The usually try to load at first then stop afterwards automatically restarted. Now, do u have any idea what this is and how to handle it ?
One more thing, I did try to run a test over some file which I thought was the source in Dr. Web but the result shown error, they say "Uploaded file size is zero bytes long." when infact it was 1,99 GB. Those files I've tested called "Hiberfil.sys" & "pagefile.sys", both in c:. I suspect there are some more, but I hope not.
Thank u very much..