Author Topic: AVAST won't renew license  (Read 3300 times)

DenK

AVAST won't renew license
« on: November 26, 2009, 09:21:03 PM »
Could someone please help me.  I have the Home Pro version of Avast.  It was time for renewal so I purchased another year.  When I entered the registration number and clicked on OK I go the following error message:

The license key for this product is invalid of expired. License is valid until Tuesday July 01 2008. Current date is Thursday 26 November 2009. Your system time/date is not correctly set. fix it and enter the license key again. Your updating license has expired (it has not); register again and enter the new license key.

How do I reset the time and date?  I thought that was done automatically.  I renewed my license when I got a pop up on my screen to do so. but I still get a pop up telling me I have three days left and then I suppose my computer will explode

Thanks

Den

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: AVAST won't renew license
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 10:02:31 PM »
I have three days left and then I suppose my computer will explode
That is correct, don`t be home when that happens....    ;D

If your computer time / date / mnd / year is wrong you adjust and restart

Changing the date and time
http://www.helpwithpcs.com/tipsandtricks/change-date-time-windows-xp.htm

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: AVAST won't renew license
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 10:04:16 PM »
Double click on the time (bottom right of the screen), that should open the system date, check the day/month/year and adjust as required.

Where did you renew your license ?

You should have received a new email with your new license key in it, did you ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security