Author Topic: Dissapointed with Bart 2.0 Demo  (Read 6332 times)

wfbauerle

Dissapointed with Bart 2.0 Demo
« on: November 27, 2009, 10:20:40 PM »
Hello,

As a computer tech at a shop that loves to recommend Avast Home, I was excited about the Avast Bart PE disk.. However when I tried it, it wouldn't boot on a third of the machines tested (where other Barts did) and also the registry tools will not work with 64bit OS's.. big dissapointment... plus there are problems with the cleanup tools where if it cannot delete a file it asks me every time to click "OK" and there is no option to choose "Do the same for the rest of the items" and I literally had to click the mouse 100+ times to get through it.

I can't see paying $299+ for this when it is really not working right. I was considering purchasing a license.. but it's no way close to ready yet..

That said.. the Antivirus portion worked great on the machines that would boot the disk!

Wesley

wpn

Re: Dissapointed with Bart 2.0 Demo
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 03:02:19 AM »
well you could try to get the beta for bart 3 (which i suppose will be bart 4 soon)

this works already a lot better, but not sure about 64bit support

wfbauerle

Re: Dissapointed with Bart 2.0 Demo
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 12:51:30 AM »

3.0 was ALOT better... I didn't test the file cleanup section yet but I will. BTW Avast team.. I'll be available for beta testing the Bart PE when doing Virus Cleanup's on customers computers. Let me know and provide a longer lasting license and I will be happy to test the product more and provide lots more feedback.

Wesley  ;)