Author Topic: The virus has spoilt avast antivirus.  (Read 5774 times)

Stve

The virus has spoilt avast antivirus.
« on: November 20, 2009, 05:35:16 PM »
The virus reset5 or can be another has spoilt avast. The virus has been removed manually. There was only a folder reset5 in the winlogon notify in the register windows xp to which there is no access. The problem consisted that avast began to disturb to work ie and some sites opened half and all braked. Simple sites opened only. Antivirus reinstallation avast has not helped. When avast stopped, all sites opened quickly and well. It was necessary avast to remove  :-\

bobo1

Re: The virus has spoilt avast antivirus.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 12:45:19 PM »
What operating system are u using?.
Download MBAM Malware bytes & Spybot search and destroy & UPDATE. IMPORTANT run these in windows safe mode by hitting F8 AS THE COMPUTER IS BOOTING AND REMOVE WHAT THEY FIND. Re install Avast and update and do a boot time scan.

Hermite15

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 01:09:15 PM »
The virus reset5 or can be another has spoilt avast. The virus has been removed manually. There was only a folder reset5 in the winlogon notify in the register windows xp to which there is no access. The problem consisted that avast began to disturb to work ie and some sites opened half and all braked. Simple sites opened only. Antivirus reinstallation avast has not helped. When avast stopped, all sites opened quickly and well. It was necessary avast to remove  :-\

in English please, thanks  ;)

Stve

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 02:40:24 AM »
avast has been spoilt by a virus. Has not helped reinstallation, not helped safe mode. What for to me MBAM if the virus has spoilt avast and does not give to it it will be restored normally. Read that is written.
avast even virus base cannot update. Cannot it will be connected to a server, the Internet is also sites open well when avast is stopped.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 02:44:47 AM by Stve »

ladygaga345

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 02:08:10 PM »
What does the name of virus that got infected at your pC???

jennysy

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 02:38:41 PM »
avast has been spoilt by a virus. Has not helped reinstallation, not helped safe mode. What for to me MBAM if the virus has spoilt avast and does not give to it it will be restored normally. Read that is written.
avast even virus base cannot update. Cannot it will be connected to a server, the Internet is also sites open well when avast is stopped.

whats the name of the virus?

Stve

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 02:59:02 AM »
reset5 but another can also. The virus has changed access rights in register WindowsXP Pro sp2, in the register there was a folder reset5 which cannot be removed. Updating sp3 has not helped.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 03:02:29 AM by Stve »

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 03:11:55 AM »
reset5 is a crack isn't it? Windows or avast trying activate for free perhaps?
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

Stve

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 11:43:10 AM »
What for bosh? I used an antivirus avastHome for free in a current of half a year and viruses was not, and windowsXP Pro at me more than 5 years. reset5 or other virus has flown from the Internet and has banged an antivirus avastHome. The avastHome has gone mad and did not allow to look through sites on the Internet. When I stopped an antivirus sites opened well.

I have removed an avastHome and have put another which has found three more trojans. And now all works well.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 11:55:22 AM by Stve »

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 11:54:13 AM »
What were you doing when reset5 or other virus has flown from the Internet and has banged on antivirus avastHome?

What changes were made between when computer was smooth run and when computer was not smooth run?

Sites open well now, so where is what happen to reset5 or other virus? Did they fly back out?

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

YoKenny

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 11:55:22 AM »
I see you are still running Windows XP Service Pack 2 so you should install Windows Service Pack 3 that has been available for over a year and contains several Critical Security updates plus performance improvements.

You need to start Internet Explorer then go to Tools then Windows Update and download all of the available updates.

Also you should enable Automatic Updates or at least be notified that Updates are available.

Go to Control Panel then Automatic Updates then select Automatic (recommended) or at least Notify me but don't automatically download or install them.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBAM) then install it then update it and run a Quick scan:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Go to Secunia Online Software Inspector then run it to see what other applications are vulnerable:
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online

Stve

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 11:58:11 AM »
Updating windowsXP sp3 has not helped.  I have removed an avastHome and have put another antivirus which has found three more trojans. And now all works well.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 12:00:09 PM by Stve »

Stve

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 12:12:00 PM »
What were you doing when reset5 or other virus has flown from the Internet and has banged on antivirus avastHome?

I have removed reset5.exe and reset5.dll from system32 manually, using Hijackthis and Unlocker, but it has not helped. In the register in Winlogon there was a folder reset5 and access to it is forbidden.

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2009, 12:24:33 PM »
Okay. Here is google search using keyword...reset5.

http://www.google.co.nz/search?rlz=1C1GGLS_enNZ344NZ345&aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=reset5

Can make google yr friend in cases like these.

Stve

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2009, 12:33:29 PM »
Thanks, but are not necessary to me any more. There can be this theme will help developers for free.  8)