Author Topic: What Has Happened With Avast  (Read 9339 times)

Awake

What Has Happened With Avast
« on: June 12, 2004, 08:30:22 AM »
I have been trying to do a scan since 4 pm June 11 ...which is after the update to the Avast Program  .....My scans get about half way and then it stalls .It tells me it is running but the number of files scanned never moves ...Can some one please tell me what is going on ...please do it in simple terms so I can understand (( not very computer smart here ))....Thanks Guys

Also if I pause it then try and start it nothing happens or if I try to close it nothing happens ....

Will not scan past a certain point ...what is going on ???
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 09:14:16 AM by Awake »

Awake

Re:What Has Happened With Avast
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 02:45:37 PM »
I have been trying to do a scan since 4 pm June 11 ...which is after the update to the Avast Program  .....My scans get about half way and then it stalls .It tells me it is running but the number of files scanned never moves ...Can some one please tell me what is going on ...please do it in simple terms so I can understand (( not very computer smart here ))....Thanks Guys

Also if I pause it then try and start it nothing happens or if I try to close it nothing happens ....

Will not scan past a certain point ...what is going on ???

Going to try a scan only Local Disc and see if it runs all the way through ...if not should I just leave things alone until " Bug " is fixed ....Am I still protected even if I can not perform my normal scans daily ????

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 07:13:20 PM »
Try a scan on your local drives, but untick scan archive files and see if that helps.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Awake

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 07:39:27 PM »
Did that ...Scanned Local Disks alone ...took an hour ...Scanned Folders Alone ...49 minutes ....Quick Scan with Archives took 15 minutes with a mess of files not scanned with (ASPC) behind them ...I gather it is part of the bug in the new update

JamieX

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 09:14:13 PM »
I have exactly the same problem, every since i installed the last update it just hangs while scanning and eventually crashes the computer completely.

I had no problems before installing the most recent updates.  ???

Awake

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004, 10:54:49 PM »
I have exactly the same problem, every since i installed the last update it just hangs while scanning and eventually crashes the computer completely.

I had no problems before installing the most recent updates.  ???

Yes this "" Bug """ in the new update has thrown alot of computers into a tail spin ...but I have "" Faith "" in the guys who are in charge and things will be back to normal ...Hmmm I am hoping before 2005 ((( Joking )))  :P :P ;D

softwareguy

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2004, 02:19:40 AM »
A beta hotfix is already made available.
Good Job Alwil! :)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2004, 09:24:04 AM »
Alwil team is always very fast in program fixes and VPS updates. Its very impressive :)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

softwareguy

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2004, 09:30:51 AM »
Could we expect 4.5 in a month? :P
Good Luck to all you Alwil Staffs!

P.S :D: I hope the ZoneAlarm guys could get their ver5 fixed up like Alwil did... ARRGH!  >:(

JamieX

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2004, 10:30:29 AM »
I've tried updating, but i still have the same problem.  :-\

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2004, 12:41:33 PM »
JamieX, you still have the problem after updating to build 414?? (That is, did you update to 414 as described in the other thread -- http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=5140;start=msg37721#msg37721 )?

What OS are you using?

Thanks
Vlk
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 12:43:01 PM by Vlk »
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Awake

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2004, 06:02:21 PM »
Do we need to do the update as you outlined earlier because I am totally lost ....