Author Topic: To Vlk to check  (Read 9172 times)

Offline Cousin Dave

• Your momma's a llama!
Re:To Vlk to check
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2004, 09:37:19 PM »
Actually it seems to be problematic only on a minority of computers so we're not removing anything...
I don't know,there's been quite a few threads started in this forum about this subject.
I saw it posted in the Verizon Newsgroups also.
It may be a "minority of computers",but it sounds like a large minority. ;D
Keep in mind a lot of folks might not have gotten the program updates yet and even if they have,they may not have run scans.
By the way, I'm one of the minority.

Offline Gillie2tat

• In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.
    • Tatting at Bella Online
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2004, 10:33:51 PM »
I'd agree with that.  I run a forum elsewhere for an e-zine I run and I'd say that 99% of my readers don't e-mail or post in the forum to let you know if there's a problem, those posting here will probably be in the very small minority.  And comparatively few people know enough to be able to report a computer problem accurately to the right people and work out what's causing it, they'll probably just give up or think their computer's got a virus.

Offline chadz1

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2004, 10:40:22 PM »
i agree cause this is the first time ive ever used a forum and im using it now so this slow scanning problem can b fixed.

Offline Tipton

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • That 70's Car
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2004, 11:42:08 PM »
Actually it seems to be problematic only on a minority of computers so we're not removing anything...

I have the "AsPack" problem as well on two home PC's running the latest 4.1.412 build.

Douglas
"I have lived through alot of horrible things in my life.......some of which actually happened"

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.