Author Topic: WILL THIS BE SECURE enough  (Read 2434 times)

pinnacle

WILL THIS BE SECURE enough
« on: December 02, 2009, 03:53:07 AM »
Alrighty, this is what i may try out just using Avast and Hitman Pro (paid version) and malwarebytes as on demand and just use the XP Firewall with my Router .

ardvark

Re: WILL THIS BE SECURE enough
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 04:08:42 AM »
Hi...

I would add SpywareBlaster to your line up as well. :)

May God bless you! :)

pinnacle

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 04:17:27 AM »
just added that have not used this before. I  heard about it but never looked into it . another layer of security thanks

ardvark

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 08:30:10 AM »
just added that have not used this before. I  heard about it but never looked into it . another layer of security thanks

Hi...

You're welcome, glad I could help. :)

God bless :)

Alan|Cvette

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 08:55:41 PM »
Alrighty, this is what i may try out just using Avast and Hitman Pro (paid version) and malwarebytes as on demand and just use the XP Firewall with my Router .

Howdy,

That is a great setup, and as ardvark said, adding SpywareBlaster won't hurt. My security setup has about 30+ programs that each do their own thing, over 200 Vista tweaks for security and privacy...etc. But your first line of defense is always your noggin ;)

"An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure."

If you are a Firefox user take advantage of this, use WOT (Web of Trust) to see what others say about the website before you enter and god-forbid get infected.

Cheers! Good luck!  :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 09:00:14 PM »
The XP Firewall and Router won't make a blind bit of difference if malware is already inside the system. Routers may well have inbound firewall protection, but unless they state that they have outbound protection (most don't) then you could have a security hole.

Any malware that manages to get past your defences will have free reign to connect to the internet to either download more of the same, pass your personal data (sensitive or otherwise, user names, passwords, keylogger retrieved data, etc.) or open a backdoor to your computer, so outbound protection is essential.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security