Author Topic: Exclusions not saved?  (Read 3511 times)

masatt

Exclusions not saved?
« on: June 12, 2004, 11:01:19 PM »
Hi,

In properties under task (avast antivirus). I have gone into the standard shield, advanced, exclusions and add a file to the exclusions, when I click ok, and go back into the properties it has gone?

If i try using the on access scanner, and go into standard shield, config and edit it there and click ok, then it works for a while, until i either restart AVAST or open AVAst antivirus, when the exclusions are deleted?

what can I do to keep the exclusions that i want?

Thanks for your help

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:Exclusions not saved?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 12:44:25 AM »
Have you entered the full path to the file you wish to exclude?

For example E:\drive-images\*.pqi (this stop it checking all of my backup image files, most of which are 2GB or over) or follow the example of some of those that are there already.

Make sure that you click OK at all points on your way back out otherwise it won't stick.

HTH David
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

masatt

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 11:04:42 PM »
I have added exclusions which are correct. I have two customised ones that stick, but one is incorrect so I try to change it, and I try to add a new one... They both work, the fixed and new one, until I restart AVAST (Either manuallly or restart of computer) or if I open AVAST Antivirus?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 05:19:20 AM »
See http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=9;action=display;threadid=4818
the last message: Settings that cannot be saved

I'll be glad if anybody reads that long thread...  :'(

Masatt, wellcome to forums.
The best things in life are free.