Author Topic: AVAST think that Online Armor is an Trojan  (Read 19152 times)

BlackSheik

AVAST think that Online Armor is an Trojan
« on: December 03, 2009, 01:58:41 AM »
Hi,

5 Min ago i recieved the last update from AVAST. Now he tell me that the "oawatch.dll" is an trojan!!! Please change it fast as possible cause i dont think that it is a trojan. Many people wil have trouble. I check the oawatch.dll at Virustotal and there are 0 Zero matches! 0/41

The AVAST version used by Virustotal is an older version maybe thats why there is not rcognized as trojan.

Virusdefinition Version 091203-0

Greetz
Black Sheik
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 02:07:36 AM by BlackSheik »

mouse

Re: AVAST think that Online Armor is an Trojan
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 02:01:42 AM »
just got the same alert - still happening

BlackSheik

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 02:04:32 AM »
Now its on AVAST to do something.  :)

Greetz
Black Sheik

Frasier

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 02:06:04 AM »
I am unable to add a new post:
You already submitted this post! You might have accidently double clicked, or tried to refresh.

Bu I beleive that my problem is connected. Here is what I wanted to write, will try again with separate thread.

Hello,

This is really ackward. I am using Avast HE for about 4 or more years now, and everything was fine - maybe just sometimes false alarms happened. I am not sure, but something could happen after last update. Am using Windows XP HE SP3.

The problem is, that I am getting many false, and funny alarms... See attachement. I am preparing to migrate to a new computer, so I've created a folder with a bunch of freeware software, which I am considering to use (aprt of it is visible on the screenshot). This evening I've tried some new system maintenace/claning up software, to check wheter they are better than CC Cleaner. I've ran Glary Utilities, removed tem files, registry entries etc., and also decided to defragment registry. System rebooted, Avast downloaded new database on start, and it all began...
When I've opened that folder and pressed right mouse button, system slowed down dramatically for maybe two minutes, and Avast began beeping. It said - you will never guess, that there is a virus in a free CdBurner XP... I've deleted it, but then it began beepig that there is a virus in another installation file... Weird, especially as for majority of them the source is cnet - download.com. I've closed the doler, and opened it again. This time only system slowed down for a minute, no beeps. I've decided to instal free Auslogics Disk Defragmentator, and Avast went mad again -screenshot shows that it disliked one of the files created during the installation process, there were three such alarms during the process...

I hope my description is rather ok. I've written about Glary, because I've used it for the first time, and either something is wrong with it, or with the Avast updfate. If with Avast, many more people should be screaming here :-(.

I had to resize the attachement, so sorry for GIF. I will try to upload the original PNG somewhere.

Grumpfuttock

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 02:20:09 AM »
I'm getting the same since the update was automatically installed, it's claiming a number of Online Armor files are a trojan (WIN32 Delf-MZG [tri]. Not only that but several other programmes I have... Ashampoo Win Optimiser Suite, Alfa Clock and on my wifes PC it has claimed that Online Armour and Pocomail3 fikes are infected by the same trojan, and she is now unable to open Pocomail, Windows Vista pops up a dialogue box, saying that it is being denied access to Poco.exe.

I hope you guys at Avast can sort this out quickly, it is pretty worrying. :o

cadremis

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 02:23:39 AM »
everything is a virus in my computer, i dont know what to do.. can anybody help because even the windows files are detected as the trojan win32 delf

Bannimann

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 02:25:31 AM »
Same here - Avast don't like Online Amor right now.  ;)

Frasier

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 02:28:53 AM »
Good to know that other people have the same problem (sorry for a long description of mine). I've made additional testing, and decided to just turn off Avast. Computer was unuable with it running :-(.
I hope the fix will come soon, or few millions of Europeans in few hours will have an entertaining morning.

ElderGeek

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 02:31:48 AM »
Some of us on the west coast of the US got hit right before the end of the day..
I've got about 80 workstation useless.. it doesn't like the OfficeCalender add-on
for outlook, and outlook crashes when Avast traps the "trojan".. Can't run around
and turn off Avast on 80 systems, so it looks like I'll have to wait for good news
in the morning...

*sigh*

sforbes42

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 02:50:00 AM »
This just started happening to me as well. I have several msi files being reporeted as having the same trojan. It also reports some files from mySQL having the trojan, as well as AnyDVD and Alcohol 120%.

Additionally after I quarantined some files and installed the new version of Avast, Windows told me my version of Windows 7 was not Genuine upon reboot.

Skywarrior

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 03:03:48 AM »
Wher does Avast hide the files that I click no action on. Another is IE8 won't open and it has my wireless down to a crawl. About ready to restore and load AGV if it would let me. MAD AS HELL this time

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 03:09:10 AM »
If you have all confirmed that it isn't infected then you can exclude the file form scanning and most importantly submit the file as a false positive, so avast have a sample to work with.

####
Send the sample to virus@avast.com zipped and password protected with the password in email body, a link to this topic might help and false positive in the subject.

Or you can also add the file to the User Files (File, Add) section of the avast chest (if it isn't already in the chest) where it can do no harm and send it from there. A copy of the file/s will remain in the original location, so you will need to take further action and can remove/rename that.

Send it from the User Files section of the chest (select the file, right click, email to Alwil Software). It will be uploaded (not actually emailed) to avast when the next avast auto (or manual) update is done.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 03:11:54 AM »
Wher does Avast hide the files that I click no action on. Another is IE8 won't open and it has my wireless down to a crawl. About ready to restore and load AGV if it would let me. MAD AS HELL this time

I answered your first post here, http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=51611.msg436798#msg436798.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

BlackSheik

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 03:32:13 AM »
Hi DavidR,

i send it to AVAST so all we can do is wait.

Greetz to the rest of the world with the same problems from Germany
Black Sheik

screwed

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 04:22:39 AM »
oops double post
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 04:27:15 AM by screwed »