Author Topic: False Positive on notetab.exe  (Read 3549 times)

Moonbarker

False Positive on notetab.exe
« on: December 03, 2009, 02:11:40 PM »
For a long time now, I have used the "lite" version of the text editor available at notetab.com

When I started my system this morning and tried to open NoteTab, I got a "trojan horse was found" on C:\Program Files\NoteTab Light\NoteTab.exe

That has never happened before.  I used the "report a false positive" feature and afterward, I clicked "take no action" but Avast still kept me from opening NoteTab.  Even when I went to C:\Program Files\NoteTab Light\ and double clicked NoteTab.exe, I got a "path you have specified does not exist" message.

I disabled Avast On Access Protection, tried it again and NoteTab opened normrally.  After that, I re-enabled Avast On Access Protection and have been using NoteTab without further problems.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: False Positive on notetab.exe
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 02:22:54 PM »
Hello Moonbarker,

what is avast detecting it as?

what is the antivirus database version you are using?

nmb

Moonbarker

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 05:43:23 AM »
Hello Moonbarker,

what is avast detecting it as?

what is the antivirus database version you are using?

nmb

Avast detected it as a trojan.  I can't remember the virus database version (I'd look now if I wasn't at work), but Avast is set to download and install updates automatically.

It may have been just a glitch.  When I turned on my computer at home to do something before I went to work this evening, the problem didn't happen.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 05:44:35 AM »
then it might be the false positive thing. good that it is working fine now. should you have any problems, come back.

thanks
nmb

Moonbarker

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 07:34:28 AM »
then it might be the false positive thing. good that it is working fine now. should you have any problems, come back.

thanks
nmb

You're welcome and I will :-)

nightingaleron

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 08:09:36 AM »
I did a system resore as i was having the same problem after sending the trojan to the chest. I did a system restore back to Wednesday and eveything is back to normal.

nightingaleron

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 08:11:59 AM »
I did a system resore as i was having the same problem after sending the trojan to the chest. I did a system restore back to Wednesday and eveything is back to normal.
[/

quote]Soory, guys ,(new to this) i have been replying to some of you using the quote instead of the reply.