Author Topic: Win32:Delf-MZG  (Read 20367 times)

GoldenGoose100

Re: Win32:Delf-MZG
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 12:57:14 PM »
hi nmb,

i uninstalled avast before the fix came out. =/
I have AVG now - the right click problem is still there.

I see someone else had this problem last year here: http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/752708-acrobat-installer-appears-everytime-i.html which I'm reading now

can't seem to get rid of this.

~ GoldenGoose100

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 12:58:54 PM »
re install adobe and see if it comes back?

nmb

GoldenGoose100

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 01:09:59 PM »
uninstalling acrobat right now - but it's taking forever.

meanwhile I found this: This seems like the exact problem I'm having and towards bottom there are good solutions I think.
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/906404.html
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 01:15:12 PM by GoldenGoose100 »

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 01:13:37 PM »
sorry, I don't read other forums and post. I post based on my knowledge.

just use the adobe installer and try to install over the current installation, instead of uninstalling and then installing.

thanks
nmb

GoldenGoose100

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 01:16:42 PM »
that's fair nmb, but in the middle of my adobe acrobat uninstallation (which I already had started before u posted your last message just above this one), the context menu to convert file to pdf was removed from right click menus - and i'm not having this problem anymore. So searching through google worked out there.

I don't know what this was caused by, but if it was a virus that got in around this avast false positive mess, I don't think it's left my system yet. I dunno.

(and sry to kinda hijack this thread, I hope it helps someone who just might have the same strange problem)

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 01:19:38 PM »
I knew the problem was because of the right click context menu. that was the reason I asked you to re install.

you are welcome. sorry what happened because of the false positive.

thanks
nmb

GoldenGoose100

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009, 01:22:20 PM »
ah ha! very nice :)

but my question is, did this context menu problem suddenly arise because of the avast mix up or do i have some virus of some sort happening? i don't want to worry that there still may be some kind of problem.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2009, 01:26:42 PM »
if adobe files were flagged as virus(fp's) and was moved to chest, as some claim, then yes it was because of the avast false detections. that is the reason I have asked for forgiveness in my previous post.

thanks
nmb

GoldenGoose100

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 01:30:46 PM »
Ah, no problem mate. You've helped greatly - and I can finally finish this stress and sleep! I've pretty much been sorting this bizarre twist out (plus my headset microphone decided to die today) for the last 12 hours almost straight.

Thanks so much again and good luck to everyone
~ GoldenGoose100

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2009, 01:32:15 PM »
you are welcome GoldenGoose100.

nmb

Theo

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2009, 01:42:30 PM »
Win32:Delf-MZG[trj]

I first ran into this trojan threat when trying to verify a file integrity.  Avast! antiviral told me that my Filealyzer was infected.  I quarantined the trojan and uninstalled Filealyzer.  I then ran a standard scan, and found that it had also apparently infected a eyeLook.dll in X-Lite, an audio deck patch, something in vinyl deck, and four restore files.  I went online to try to find out more about this trojan and found speculation about false positives, so I restored the files from quarantine.  This morning I updated the Avast! iAVS to current version 091203-1, re-ran the scan, and found ten infected files, (the original seven, plus three more in the windows restore system).  Trojans do stuff like this.  I don't think that this is a false positive!

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 01:46:29 PM »
Theo, it is a false positive (if the virus name is really "Win32:Delf-MZG").

The latest definitions (091203-1) shouldn't be flagging any files with this virus name though -- the definition was completely removed from it.

Are you sure you have the latest?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

murfoid

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2009, 02:52:58 PM »
during reboot with the bad virus def update avast shoved 159 false positive files into the 'moved' folder (i.e. moved instead of "moved to chest") in addition to the dozen of so that it put in the chest.  All of these files are now labeled with a .vir extension.  Is there a way to automatically restore these?

Thanks...

street_lethal

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2009, 04:47:15 PM »
Had this issue last night on my GF's laptop, everything was being flagged Win32:Delf-MZG[trj]. I knew Avast was messed up because what it was flagging has been on her system forever, like Spybot for one. I clicked no action for all of them and then scanned with Eset online scanner, nothing found. Glad they got this fixed, even when you click no action it still modifies the file it seems. It completely destroyed the Spybot installation.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2009, 04:51:28 PM »
No, "No action" certainly doesn't modify the file.
Yes, it doesn't allow it to be loaded - but after the virus database is updated, it's possible to restart the affected program (OK, if it's an auto-start program, it might be better to restart the computer to get into the "ordinary" state).