Author Topic: Loaded (Flash Video) .flv with outdated Adobe Flash Plugin and Popupblocker  (Read 2481 times)

justmenow

Hi guys,

because a video would not load in my preferred browser Firefox with AdblockPlus and the latest update of the Adobe Flash Player Plugin, I tested the URL with IE. Unfortunately, I did not remember that I did not Update the Adobe Flash Player Plugin separately for IE; I have only 10.1.102.64. installed in IE. Also there is no popup-blocker in IE and security options are set to "middle".

I see/fear that there is a good chance that I have caught something bad by this behavior. There are ads on that site.

The URLs are:

mtv.com/shows/real_world/lasvegas/series.jhtml

mtv.com/videos/real-world-las-vegas-ep-7-cooke-monsters/1662326/playlist.jhtml#series=2211&seriesId=35476&channelI d=1

Avast didnt say anything but I am still afraid to have caught sth. because of the outdated plugin and the lack of popup blockers.

Would anyone be so kind as to check the site or tell me how dangerous this behavior was and what is to be expected of it?

I would be more than grateful for any help!

Thank you in advance!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
all online scanners comes up clean on hxxp://www.mtv.com/

Also there is no popup-blocker in IE and security options are set to "middle".
open IE10 > Tools > internet alternatives > personal security > pop-up blocker on/off and settings   ;)

Check for malware with this

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.50.1 http://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/
always update so you have the latest signatures before you scan
click on the remove selected  button to quarantine anything found

if anything is found, post the scan log here

« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 08:38:12 PM by Pondus »