Author Topic: win32:Delf false positive.  (Read 1800 times)

nightingaleron

win32:Delf false positive.
« on: December 03, 2009, 10:31:16 AM »
This certainly scared the sh*t out of me this morning as i had just downloaded the latest Avast as prompted and after the download i got the virus alarm so i started hitting 5 (move to chest) and sat there forever hitting 5 and then avast took over and automatically started moving to chest.
Until it suddenly said it could not take any action as the disc was full.?? If this happens with a real serious virus ~~am i likely to reach a point where it might say the disc is full and cant do anything ?? actually, what disc is it referring to and can i do anything about it and is it full now because of all these false positive Trojans.  :o

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Re: win32:Delf false positive.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 10:43:12 AM »
Hi nightingaleron,
Please see this.
After updating to the latest VPS, which fixes the problem (fingers crossed) re-scan each file in the "infected" section of the chest, by right clicking it and selecting "scan". If clean, each can be restored. (A copy is kept in the chest, so don't expect to see them vanish when you select "restore".

Hope that helps.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Re: win32:Delf false positive.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 10:44:35 AM »
PS disk is full message probably refers to the virus chest being full. It has a size limit, I forget what the default is, sorry. But that's not the important bit, so don't worry about it.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.