Author Topic: System files in Virus chest  (Read 2230 times)

KatznCohen

System files in Virus chest
« on: December 04, 2009, 06:17:56 AM »
Avast 4.8 Home Edition
Win XP SP3
====================

Installed Avast recently, took me a while to find the virus chest. Why are 3 of my system files in there, dated 11/14?
 kernel32.dll, winsock.dll wsock32.dll?  I haven't had any viruses since installing Avast several months ago. Is this related to the false positivess I've been getting on some programs?

Sesame

Re: System files in Virus chest
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 06:23:10 AM »
Installed Avast recently, took me a while to find the virus chest. Why are 3 of my system files in there, dated 11/14?
 kernel32.dll, winsock.dll wsock32.dll?  I haven't had any viruses since installing Avast several months ago. Is this related to the false positivess I've been getting on some programs?
No, they are not related with the false positive issue.  You can see that even form the date.  They are not virus, either and you can ignore them.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: System files in Virus chest
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 04:01:34 PM »
I really do wish Alwil would get rid of this All Chest Files collation of the three sections:
  • The only area you should be interested in is the Infected Files section, this is where the files detected by avast and selected by you to move to the chest are placed.
  • The User Files section is where the user can add files they suspect of being malware but not detected by avast.
  • The System Files section is where avast keeps back-up copies of important system files in case the original becomes infected (leave them alone).
  • The All Chest Files is a collation of the three sections.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security