Author Topic: 9-11 avast! Skin dedicated to all those who died  (Read 36009 times)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:9-11 avast! Skin dedicated to all those who died
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2004, 11:07:43 PM »
SZ sorry if I sounded harsh I didn't mean to... :-[

My only concern was about the fairness of offering a 9-11 skin - i.e. if the fact that avast uses the sensitive 9-11 theme doesn't give it an unfair competitive advantage. That's all... Otherwise i DO like the skin, I really do...
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

rloschmann

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2004, 11:17:17 PM »
I just can't believe this... POLITICS ? Where do you see politics in this ? I hate politics, I ran away from f.....g politics from my politicaly corrupted country. I hate politics... but this is just for those who gave their lifes to save someone...

I know very well that all avast! users are not from USA and I didn't say that ever... But that skin is just one more option... All users are not from Japan either, and you guys like to have Japanese skin NIPPON in skin download section... I think, that's not right...

Like you i hate politics (and also religion). Sure there is a japanese skin, but the skin is not about people who died in Hiroshima or Nagasaki. You can make an american skin, i have no problem for that. It is just that for me 9-11 is positively linked to politics and war in irak...

S.Z.Craftec, you are my friend and that is why i give you my opinion. I have a total respect for your ideas, your kindness and your work.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2004, 11:32:47 PM »
Le Doc wrote:
Like you i hate politics (and also religion). Sure there is a japanese skin, but the skin is not about people who died in Hiroshima or Nagasaki. You can make an american skin, i have no problem for that. It is just that for me 9-11 is positively linked to politics and war in irak...

S.Z.Craftec, you are my friend and that is why i give you my opinion. I have a total respect for your ideas, your kindness and your work

OK, Hiroshima and Nagasaki is totaly different story. I didn't make Perl Harbour skin  ;D

War in Iraq is politic's and economic's game.. I don't wanna talk about that 'cause I don't agree with any kind of violence. Once again... skin is dedicated to all those who lost their lifes under tons of concrete... simple human beings made of flash, blood and bones... no politics or/and politicians at all. Skin has 3 simple firefighters on it, not George W.Bush...

...but, as I said before - if users ot Alwil decide not to use that skin, it's vbery simple... just erase it and forget it. I am not gonna be mad. I already showed some respect for those people, I don't have anything to be ashamed of... I can make another skin with totaly different theme in about 2 hours from now... no problem at all... SkinBuilder is so easy for me now, and I'm not gonna be mad... it's just, don't mention politics in front of me, I'll go crazy when I hear that word... you know what I like ? 5 simple things...

1.) To be alive (great feeling, believe me  ;D)
2.) I like chocolate
3.) I love my wife... sex too  ;D
4.) my beautiful car
5.) I like avast!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 11:38:14 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • Be Safe. Be Smart. Use Common Sense.
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2004, 11:33:33 PM »
Hey VLK,
      It's radicalb21. That was not the intent of the skin at all it was in memory of all those who lost their lives that day especially the firefighters, and police.
iMac 21.5 " Mid 2011 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2004, 11:36:20 PM »
I am for the skin. A Lot of people died. this was the WORLD trade center, american, french, germans all kinds of people died! I am proud of sasha. and if Vlk does not want to put it on the avast skin page, I will host it on my webspace for all to download, (once I get it setup monday)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 11:36:46 PM by MacLover2000 »
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2004, 11:43:39 PM »
Hey, hey, hey... I like to have support, but we are here to be friends...

(erase this I don't care...)

WE ALL ARE F*****G FRIENDS !!!!
DON'T YOU ALL FORGET IT EVER !!!

No one has rights in this forum to fight with anyone. This is greatest forum ever and it will stay that way... I promise to you !

We are here to help each other. I don't wanna make people fight because of something stupid... I just tried to show my respect for all those who died... Vlk should have final word on this one and I respect it. MacLover you are greatest friend one can have. But, don't fight each other for God's sake...

I'm sure we'll find some solution...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 11:44:26 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2004, 12:12:46 AM »
I have nothing but respect for those killed in 9-11, especially those who gave their lives trying to save others.

I can also see Vlk's point that some people (and we know there are some out there) who would think that Alwil were trying to gain some advantage through the use of a 9-11 skin. Even when it is not made by Alwil (but having it on their webspace would imply they sanctioned/aproved it).

I was going to suggest that it could be hosted elsewhere and MacLover beat me to the suggestion and his generous offer to host it.

David - Oxfordshire, England
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 12:15:31 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

rloschmann

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2004, 12:16:19 AM »
1.) To be alive (great feeling, believe me  )
2.) I like chocolate
3.) I love my wife... sex too
4.) my beautiful car
5.) I like avast!

Hey S.Z.Craftec, i can't believe it !! You put chocolate before your wife.  :P

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2004, 12:30:49 AM »
Yeah.. sorry, my mistake... new order here:

1.) I like chocolate
2.) To be alive (great feeling, believe me  )
4.) I like avast!
5.) my beautiful car

hahaha... and take a look at number of my posts in here... 911 - September 11th
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 12:31:49 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2004, 12:47:09 AM »
Nothing against what MacLover said but iif ALWIL says no they don't want to host it I will respect there decision. But then I would like ask permission from them to host this file on my website so they won't be blamed for anything. This is just to be far to those that like it and want it. But I'll wait and see what Alwil has to say on the subject. Can't wait to hear back from VLK on an answer. This idea was mine and mine alone and this idea was brought about only by cooperation with Craftec and his excellent eye for design. The design is his and his alone. I think it is a great skin and one that should be allowed.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 12:50:48 AM by radicalb21 »
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2004, 01:45:21 AM »
Yeah.. sorry, my mistake... new order here:

1.) I like chocolate
2.) To be alive (great feeling, believe me  )
4.) I like avast!
5.) my beautiful car

hahaha... and take a look at number of my posts in here... 911 - September 11th

Here is my order:
1) I LOVE Macs! (this is at the TOP of my list)
2) I Love my Daughter
3) I love my wife
4) I love Ice Cream

Radicab I will wait for Vlks approval to host the file of course. I am having trouble getting the webspace setup. But  I hope to have it ready to go monday.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2004, 02:01:23 AM »
Hey MacLover,
     It's radicalb21. Nothing against you but I don't want you to use up your bandwidth hosting that file. Granted I don't know what your bandwith restriction is. But with my host having a daily alloted amount of 5 GB's daily of traffic and downloads. But you should use the webspcae for your own not hosting other people files. Simply put bandwidth is very exspensive. But I have a very good deal from my host. I'm also a reseller in the USA for AVAST. Nothing against you or your gesture of hosting the file I really appreciate the offer. Thanks by the way for agreeing with what Sasha and I were saying about this skin.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 02:04:59 AM by radicalb21 »
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2004, 02:16:23 AM »
But I have a very good deal from my host
THey offer a free account or a paid account. I have the paid account and am allotted 25 GB of bandwidth a week! (plus I dont expect many people to dpwnload My logic-dag and iPod-Dag for win or mac :'()

Thanks by the way for agreeing with what Sasha and I were saying about this skin.
Not a problem. one of my Friends lost his mother in 9/11  :'(

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2004, 02:23:38 AM »
Hey MacLover,
     it's radicalb21. I'm using POWWEB as my hosting company. There website URL is : www.powweb.com . The cost is 7.77 a month but you either purchase it on a quarterly basis, yearly, or two year blocks. here is a link to what I get and the cost of the service and what they provide:

http://www.powweb.com/webhosting.htm

of course if you chose quarterly there is a $20.00 setup fee. After that you are paying $ 23.31 a quarter. There uptime is excellent.
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2004, 02:27:07 AM »
ok I have a 6 month paid already to Spymac so I will look at your web host once the 6 months are up  ;)