Author Topic: 9-11 avast! Skin dedicated to all those who died  (Read 35872 times)

rloschmann

Re:9-11 avast! Skin dedicated to all those who died
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2004, 10:39:21 AM »
S.Z.Craftec, why don't you make a 9-11 avatar for radicalb21 ? This would be correct since an avatar is personal and has nothing to do with alwil...

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2004, 12:06:49 PM »
Well, just because I don't have enough time... I'm working somedays 12 hours a day... He already asked me to make him an avatar, and I helped him. I made that avatar for him. Why should I make another one now, 'cause he already has pretty new avatar ?

Skin is much bigger appreciation from my side than little avatar. I feel sorry for those people and I had to make something. Skin is something... I think people in USA will be quite happy with it...  France is well known as "USA politics hater", so I'll just leave it like that. I don't have anything to do with politics and I don't even wanna think about it. I'll just leave it to you guys...  ;)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 01:17:54 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

rloschmann

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2004, 12:23:46 PM »
I didn't want to offense you...  :'(

I live in France but i'm not a "USA politics hater" as you think. I don't care about politics anyway (as i already said). All my concerns was about Alwil and Avast users (not me personaly). The majority of the world (me included) think that 9-11 was a tragedy... But some think it was a good thing...  >:(

That is why i thought Alwil should keep out of this mess since avast is not only made for pro americans.

Again, i agree with you and your ideas and have a total respect for your great job. Please don't hate me   :-[

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2004, 01:30:54 PM »
I didn't want to offense you...  :'(

No you didn't offense me in any way my friend... don't look at this that way. You maybe offensed the idea of making skin theme like that, but for sure not me. I'm not stupid, I completely and 100% understand what you are talking.

The majority of the world (me included) think that 9-11 was a tragedy... But some think it was a good thing...  >:(

I disagreee with so many things USA did in the past... I don't like the fact that they like to play like "World's unofficial policeman", but common... who is that stupid in the world to think that everything what happened to those poor, innocent, ordinary people on  September 11th in the WTC, was good thing ? I really can't imagine somebody saying: "oh, they deserved it..." Who deserved it ? People who worked hard that day in WTC, or children with moms, or policemans, or brave firefighters ? I don't think so... if somebody think like that, he/she should has his/her brain checked...

Again, i agree with you and your ideas and have a total respect for your great job. Please don't hate me   :-[

Thanks Le Doc, but I really don't hate you, 'cause I don't like to hate anyone. I love all people, no matter of their political or religious commitment, no matter what color they are, no matter they maybe are different... everyone deserves to be loved, but we all must give some love in addition to get some. Nothing is for free in this world, so, Love asks for some love to be complete feeling.

Cheers !
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 01:33:03 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2004, 06:33:09 PM »
Dear Sasha,
I love all people, no matter of their political or religious commitment, no matter what color they are, no matter they maybe are different... everyone deserves to be loved, but we all must give some love in addition to get some. Nothing is for free in this world, so, Love asks for some love to be complete feeling.
I agree with you 10000000%. I can't understand how honering those who gave their lives in an attempt to save others during a terrorist attack can EVER be considered a political issue. :o
I further think that the new skin honering those who gave their lives in trying to save others is extreamely well made and would be more than honored to display it on my computer.
As a personal note, I'd like to remind all of those who think that trying to free the poeple in Iraq is an invasion  of what when on during Hitlers time....   The people in Iraq deserve to have their Hitler (Sadam) ousted from power just as Hitler was removed during WWII.
I know that most of you can't remember back that far but I think the term "Never again" applies.....
Remember, FREEDOM is never free and terrorist are nothing more than cowards who pray on the inocent.

I think that's enough phylosophy. ;D

Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • Be Safe. Be Smart. Use Common Sense.
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2004, 06:49:06 PM »
Hey Bob,
     It's radicalb21. Thanks for the support we really appreciate it.
iMac 21.5 " Mid 2011 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Jarron

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2004, 07:33:14 PM »
I agree with Bob.

radicalb21, Sasha and others like MacLover, who offered to provide the skin on his site, deserve our support.

I suspect those trying to turn it into politics have little to be proud of themselves, though I can understand Alwil's position to a small point.

Thanks Radicalb and Sasha!!!!!!

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2004, 08:04:30 PM »
Thanks Jarron.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

KezzerDrix

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2004, 08:06:47 PM »
I have to agree with Sasha, Radicalb21, and MacLover and other who are for the skin.  I too would host the skin file on my bandwidth.

If nothing else we could make it a forum available skin.  Keep it off the Avast main page.
However,  I feel that this would be an offense to the people who died.  Almost, like saying that you are ashamed to host a memorial skin, hiding behind the anti-political stance.  Yet, this is not my company, not even a tiny bit, so my say is no say.  I am simply offering my OPINION and a POSSIBLE solution.  I don't see the politics in it and being American I can say that I as well as most of my fellow countrymen would enjoy it.  Thank you "Craftec" for caring enough to spend your time to create a minor masterpiece.  I would be proud to use your skin.

In my OPINION, this topic is being blown out of proportion, no one would take offense to the option of downloading a memorial skin.

If you want to talk politics at this time in history the French and the Americans don't seem to be getting along very well.  According to the news that is, I personally have family in Germany and Ireland but I don't know anyone in France.   *Sigh* such a shame seeing as how they gave us one of our most notable statues, The Statue of Liberty.  Hopefully, someday our tattered friendship can be patched.  Perhaps issues of this kind should be left to the ones that it effects.  

The fact is that Alwill (Avast) has the final say.

the OPINIONATED
KezZ

« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 08:07:57 PM by KezzerDrix »

KezzerDrix

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2004, 08:45:24 PM »
One thing about the unofficial policeman comment.

Not singling anyone out but I hear this alot and it is extremely irratating.

I am not saying that everything this country does is great.  I will say that we do alot for the world.  The funny thing is that no one bitches about taking our money or aid.  Yet, so many people still hate us.  I watched CNN one night and the USA was giving Spain 200 million dollars for aids research and relief, granted this is not a HUGE amount but the people at the conference in Spain actually booed the U.S.  Same channel a little later stated that we were giving Egypt 40 billion dollars.

We give so that others may have.

*SIGH* we have starving people here, and no national healthcare.  The money this country hands out could fix the majority of our own problems.  But, it not in our nature to be overly greedy.  
The big thing now is IRAQ, well Saddam should have been removed long ago, after gassing his own people for example and drug to an internationa court for crimes against humanity.

AND ITS A DAMN GOOD THING that I don't run this country because I would follow the teachings of SUN_TZU and to the victor go the spoils.

It seems to me that the countries not endorsing or helping were gaining from that regime.  My own ancestry included (Germany) for instance building bunkers, selling arms, and black market oil.

Again this is my feelings on the issue, if you take offense to them its on you.

KEZZ    
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 08:53:16 PM by KezzerDrix »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2004, 09:31:49 PM »
That is why i thought Alwil should keep out of this mess since avast is not only made for pro americans.

I'm pretty sure it's really not the reason. We don't think there was anything "good" in the attacks, and I believe we wouldn't mind loosing a few customers who think that.
The thing is that we are afraid that the victims (and other people as well) may feel that we are abusing their tragedy for our own advertisement and profit.
I know, we didn't create the skin ourselves... and you may say that by denying the skin, it may seem we are denying the support... I really don't know what to do.

Well, just my opinion...

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2004, 09:40:18 PM »
Yeah it might be nice for radicalb21,but others(those who don't know our "little" family) might think different. Sorry,but i agree with igor.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2004, 09:44:00 PM »
Igor, you are greatest of all !!! So many thoughts and clever ideas with only few words. I like people like you my friend ! We all should think just like you.

I don't know what to do either... how about poll and votting ?

In the mean time, please search for my newest thread under name "to SKIN or not to SKIN ?" in General Topics. You'll see my newest skin. Maybe we could publish that one untill decide what to do with 9-11 skin...

Jarron

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2004, 10:05:18 PM »
How about hosting it on another site as others have generously offered, and perhaps by S.Z. Craftec's signature line adding a little disclaimer, something to the effect of "Alwil is not responsible for, nor necessarily endorses this skin" in small type?

Only those who frequent this forum and are aware of the controversies would know where to find it, and obviously if they don't want it they won't download it.  I don't think those who are already offended by it will be any more offended.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2004, 05:41:34 AM »
I think all of us have heard of WinAmp.
There are more skins available for that program than you can shake a stick at.  The skin Has nothing to do with the program.  It is only a lampshade. It isn't the lightbulb..........
Since when does it require the approval of General Electric if I decide to use a certain Lampshade to cover the light bulb?????

I hope you understand my point.

The skin neither adds nor detracts from the product. It's only a picture which displays the functions of the product.  
And that should have nothing to do with politics,   only personal choice. I for one would love the new skin but, that's my opinion.

And, you are entitled to your opinion which is your right under free speech and free choice. :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet