Author Topic: Win32:Agent-SG [trj]  (Read 1984 times)

Mr_Fast

Win32:Agent-SG [trj]
« on: December 06, 2009, 10:34:18 AM »
Hey all

just did a full system scan yesterday, and to big surprise/horror avast came up with a Win32:Agent-SG [trj] in C:\Windows\Memory.dmp
The file was around 270mb of size, i know that windows creates the file with a systemcrash, which i've had a few of, tweaking windows 7 and all. unfortunately i deleted the log files from the date of the memory.dmp file, (and now i also deleted the memory.dmp file)

what are the odds that its a positive catch ? after i deleted the file, nothing came up on a later scan.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Win32:Agent-SG [trj]
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 05:15:49 PM »
The memory.dmp file is created when your system crashes it contains what is in memory at the time of the crash, which could have contained malware. It could be as large as your memory so may not be allowed to send to the chest without changing the settings.

If you have the tools and experience you can examine this file to help discover why the crash happened, if you don't have this experience and tools, it is worthless to you. The older the file is the less worth it is also.

If windows were to crash again then it would create a new memory.dmp file if one wasn't present or replace any existing one. So there really is no downside to deleting this memory.dmp file.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security