Author Topic: Why Avast! can't deal with Virut ?  (Read 11835 times)

A-Vaste

Re: Why Avast! can't deal with Virut ?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 01:58:16 PM »
Quote from: A-Vaste
..<The error message i got from Avast! is something like "This file cannot be removed because it is being used by another process">
For malware that can usually be dealt with, a boot scan is usually the recommended procedure, as it can delete the file before the OS loads. Or a scan with MBAM, which will offer to remove detected malware on restart.
Not the case with this file infector, sadly.
MBAM will completely delete infected file(s), so the OS will not load then.

JanAchik123

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 09:33:20 PM »
Because the VRDB was supposed to help, but I personally thought that it was a bad idea.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 10:41:09 PM »
Guys, you're talking about a multiple and buggy file infector that will aggressively corrupt any executable (and many other) files on the PC. Unless the VRDB stored a copy of every file on the computer it's not going to cut it.
Same with MBAM. It can't heal corrupted files.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

A-Vaste

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2009, 11:50:50 AM »
I have 3 HDs. I have deleted my c partion and installed windows again. After that i did a full system scan with MBAM and Dr.Web CureIt! MBAM said that system is clear,but Dr.Web CureIt! found five Viruts in System Volume Information on the third HD !! Actually Dr.Web CureIt! can/will cure infected system files.
But remember that system scan must be done in safe mode.
My system is clear now. I hope this post will help somebody to get rid of this nasty virus.

Win32.Virut.56    is dead      ;D

A-Vaste

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2009, 11:54:15 AM »
.. One more thing.

I'll use that Sandboxie next time   ;)

micky77

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2009, 02:32:55 PM »
.. One more thing.

I'll use that Sandboxie next time   ;)

If you have virut in your system restore,I would turn off SR and delete all restore points. Not sure how this is possible if you've nuked your pc.
Regarding SB,  if your running cracks etc, you can download SDelete or Eraser, then go into SB settings > delete  > command > click on Sdelete > open. This will  copy the command ( see png ). This will secure delete the sandbox, which will prevent any files/malware being copied into system restore

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2009, 11:57:08 PM »
Quote from: A-Vaste
Actually Dr.Web CureIt! can/will cure infected system files.
It is true that DrWeb Cureit has a good reputation for repairing system files that have been infected.
I haven't needed to try it, so don't know for sure, but what should be remembered is that analysts have reported that the Virut virus type is itself buggy, and can cause corruption, so when it comes to a repair, I would caution any user that there are no guarantees and particular tool will definitely work.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.